View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Hieronymus Bosch c. 1450-1516-part 4

Like many artists, I have played at the game of what painting I would want to take with me on the proverbial desert island. Inevitably, I have been drawn to the Garden of Earthly Delights. The layers of meaning... the complexity... the contrast and variation from the most noble ideals... to lush sensuality... physical beauty... and eroticism... to the almost exquisite brutality... horror... ugliness... Such leads me to feel that I might easily spend endless hours with this work without ever feeling ...

Updated 11-18-2008 at 11:55 PM by stlukesguild

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. BREAKING NEWS: Angelina Jolie, too busy reading 'Great Expectations', to have sex

by , 11-18-2008 at 03:37 PM (Insights from a person of questionable sanity)
    BREAKING NEWS: Angelina Jolie, too busy reading 'Great Expectations', to have sex with husband

Gotcha!

There were rumours - of doubtful veracity -that Angelina Jolie used IVF treatment because she couldn't wait for Brad Pitt to do his part like a dutiful husband but I doubt that act of desperation was because she was too busy reading ...

Updated 02-25-2009 at 07:41 AM by optimisticnad

Categories
    Literature
  3. a little nervous and a little sad

Now i am working in a foreign trade company. I am very afraid of my boss and sometimes I think I am very stupid and my English is not good.The most important thing is it seems that there is generation between boss and I.
    Dear everybody,I need your help and support
    And I have 2 questions as follow:
    1: "The 10% discount amounts to £5.30, what do I have to do to get it back??" In this sentence, what the speaker actually mean? Does think 10% discount ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tales from the Berg

I have come to the conclusion that my neighborhood is pretty much a mad house. When I am not busy with school, and when weather permits I go out on frequent walks around and when I had my dog I use to walk him like everyday. And almost every time I go out, something weird and bazaar happens. Really now whenever I am about to step outside for anything I think to myself "I wonder what is going to happen today"

Here are a highlights of my most memorable moments.
    Categories
    Random Musings
  5. To The Philippines

by , 11-17-2008 at 11:17 PM (Filtering sawdust...)
    To The Philippines by Dr. Jose Rizal
    (Rizal wrote the original sonnet in Spanish)

A glowing and fair like a houri on high,
    Full of grace and pure like the Morn that peeps
    When in the sky the clouds are tinted blue,
    Of th' Indian land, a goddess sleeps.

The light foam of the son'rous sea
    Doth kiss her feet with loving desire;
    The cultured West adores her smile
    And the frosty Pole her flow'red attire.

With

Updated 11-17-2008 at 11:25 PM by eyemaker

Categories
    Philippine Literatures