Blog Comments

Thanks, Bluebird! I like animals and people that like animals.

See first if you yourself need a doctor. Then, is there any possibility of you contacting the vet? What worries me most is that the dog attacks you, when you come near him. The situation seems to be getting worse. He seems to see you as a menace and I think you need some professional help to handle this, even if it is orientation over the phone, through whatsapp or e-mail. You canīt be bitten every time you come near your dog.
    Here are some links that may help, one about biting dogs and one about dog bites:
    http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...w-what-do-i-do
    https://www.healthline.com/health/do...#complications

Hoping for the best

Danik
    Thanks. There's been an update on that. Today she had an hour or so of being good. Then It started. Yesterday I blocked off her den and it worked. Today she was DETERMINED to get in there. I thought she couldn't but she did. I learnt from my previous mistake. I went in with grooming gloves (she likes those) and tried to be gentle and non-threatening. She was trapped by me so she was defensive. I thought the gloves would protect me a little bit and I went slowly. She calmed a tiny bit, whining at me. Then she bit. And caught the side of my left hand through the glove. first layer of skin ripped off and bleeding but it didn't go all the way through. Took ages to stop it leaking blood (I didn't want to put a plaster on with it still bleeding). Washed the wound. Used antiseptic ointment and put a plaster on it. I'm not as shaken as the first two times because it was an accident, but it was the worst wound so far.

In regards to the tooth question. Probably is her teeth, to some extent at least. And no. She doesn't nibble anything else. She hasn't played with her soft toys for ages. We know her teeth are bad but the vet can't do anything because of lockdown. And she's an old dog now so any surgery has higher risks. We have a vet appointment this weekend so we'll bring it up.
    Thank you kindly for your concern/advice I appreciate it
    Sorry that you were attacked, the dog must need very much that nibbling, else he wouldnīt attack you. Hope you are better by now and your dog of course is vaccinated.

Found this, but I donīt think there are any news in it for you:
    https://www.cesarsway.com/help-my-do...ng-on-himself/

One thing that occurred to me: Could it be toothache? You write there are loose teeth. Does he nibble other things, for example his toys or other soft objects?

Regards,

Danik
    Enjoyed this!
    Hi Bluebiird,

I liked your fox stories, specially as I havenīt seen a living fox in my life. I suppose Stumpy feels more secure to use the sofa during the night, when dangerous humans are supposed to be asleep.

Donīt mind the homepage. There are so few people posting this day. Every post from you will be wellcome!