View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Islam: A Faith Full of Prohibitions?

Islam: A Faith Full of Prohibitions?
    @muhsin234 (Twitter)

Islam and its about 2 billions adherents suffer an acute ad hominem criticism in various places in the world today. The condemnations are wide and wild. While the notorious one centres on terrorism carried out by some Muslims, dubbed extremists; a salient other one is on the many prohibitions embedded in the religion. A non-Muslim friend of mine once told me, “I can’t practice Islam. There are more ‘Noes’ than ...
  2. Skin Colour-Consciousness among Indians

An investigation by the World Value Survey discovered that India and Jordan top the list of the least racially tolerant countries on the planet. As an African living in the former for over a year, I have witnessed a number of such incidents. Indians, particularly northerners, associate colour with higher or lower social standing. Needless to say, the lighter colour is held in esteem, while the dark in contempt or as “low caste”. It has been happening for so long and itching for sometimes. I often ...
    Categories
  3. Nothing (i)

Something. Yes, something; for, you have already read some words. The piece is purposely entitled so, for one title may not capture the subject matters it contains. It’s a compendium of discursive thoughts of an amateur Nigerian living beyond the borders of his country, and in a far South Asian country of India, the country that defies any all-encompassing classification and codification. One cannot mention a single religion, culture, race/colour of Indians as there are numerous in place. The country ...
  4. A Weird Hope (Synopsis)

A Weird Hope is my novel, which was published by Century Research and Publishing Limited, Kano-Nigeria; 2012.

STUDIOUS freshman Abubakar has a romantic notion that love and studies can be taken along concomitantly, whereas his urbane confidant, Salim regards so doing as an aberration and hence a threat to their future and lives. He defiantly flouts the admonishment. This eventually coincides with the time his consanguineous relationship with his ravishing cousin, Maryam Bako develops ...