View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. With Thanks to Laura Riding

AN ELOQUENT BREVITY

Part 1:

Laura (Riding) Jackson(1901-1991) was an American poet, critic, novelist, essayist and short story writer whom I came to know about in the first years of my retirement after a 50 year student-and-paid-employment life: 1949 to 1999. In 1938 W.H. Auden called her "the only living philosophical poet, and in 1939 another American poet, Robert Fitzgerald, expressed the hope that with the 1938 publication of her Collected Poems, "the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Practicing Religion is within Human Capacities - Instructions for Religious Trainers.

by , 02-06-2015 at 03:46 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    God sends religious laws for the benefit of human who have diverse mental and physical capabilities. Religious laws in Holy Quran haveve minimum and maximum standards for practice. “Allah burdens not any soul beyond its capacity……” (Holy Quran ch2:v287). When human acts on His directives which He has asked to do, grants unlimited reward. Religious law or Shariah is based on softness.

When a person came to Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah ...

Updated 02-06-2015 at 03:48 AM by YALASH

Categories
    Spiritual reforms in current era. , Holy Prophet , increase peace in life , Reforms
  3. My teachers

A few weeks ago - longer? - I was reflecting on my life and my teachers, and I realized how many of the German geniuses and poets have been important to me. . . It roughly went Hesse - Goethe, Japsers, Fichte, Meister Eckhart, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer - these last two are wonderful to read, but also to set down, as they, especially the former, emphasized thinking for oneself above all else - and so many times it has come back to Goethe, and others - then, when I started studying from Novalis, was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yoga in the Park

Naturally, when one thinks of knife throwing the next thing which immediately pops into mind is Yoga. I mean clearly those are two activities which compliment each other perfectly. Yes, needless to say I am still enjoying me avid pursuit of knife throwing and I think I am making some progress with it. And for those of you who are on the edges of your seat wondering what the outcome is of my epic battle with Mr. Cup. I have to report that thus far my arch-nemesis remains undefeated and has been ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  5. Love's Trinity by Alfred Austin

Soul, heart, and body, we thus singly name,
    Are not in love divisible and distinct,
    But each with each inseparably link'd.
    One is not honour, and the other shame,
    But burn as closely fused as fuel, heat, and flame.

They do not love who give the body and keep
    The heart ungiven; nor they who yield the soul,
    And guard the body. Love doth give the whole;
    Its range being high as heaven, as ocean deep,
    Wide as the realms
    Categories
    Uncategorized