View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Master of Your Emotions

From The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

It is only shallow people who require years to get rid of an emotion. A man who is master of himself can end a sorrow as easily as he can invent a pleasure. I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them."
    Categories
    Quotations
  2. Brian and Me

by , 05-10-2010 at 09:56 AM (Life in a small town.)
    Over thirty years ago, on Top of the Pops, I first heard the pop group Queen. What first struck me was not the spangley over the top outfits, (believe me they were tame for the day.) No, it was the fact that they were using grown up words and references- they were assuming that we teenagers knew stuff.

She keeps her Moet et Chandon in a pretty cabinet
    Let them eat cake, she said, just like Marie Antoinette.

Ok, so they were wrong- we hadn't a clue, but still ...

Updated 05-10-2010 at 11:09 AM by prendrelemick

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. the games we play

by , 05-10-2010 at 08:04 AM (day in a life)
    my son watches tv with me sometimes. like some of you know I like sci-fi, Stargate Atlantis at the moment. my son loves it, it's no worse that most adventures, bad guys and good guys and the good guys always win because they are smarter and use their intellect more than their guns. the bad guys in these particular shows put their hand on you chest and suck the life out of you. my son dosen't get it but this is his game now, not guns just putting his hand on your chest, luckily nobody understands ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Calliope

Written for a challange to write one poem for each of the nine muses. Calliope is the muse of epic verse, so I choose to write in a style which itself has a certain epic quality to it.

Calliope

She is the divine mother of heroic verse,
    with her tablet at hand she sits bedecked in gold
    waiting to whisper in the ear of aspiring bards,
    the eldest sister of muses most gracious,
    a smile curved upon her lips for words that flow from her breast,
    Categories
    My Poetry
  5. Long Term Goal Met

It was bound to happen. It was high time and well past due. I had come to believe I was entitled and this SHOULD be a part of my life experience. The wife just shook her head and smiled--quietly taking a more then passing interest in the event.

I thought it would never happen. I had been waiting years for it. On and off--as the subject would come to mind and roam up and down the brain stem giving pleasure at the thought. Truly the Bible is correct when it says the desire accomplished ...

Updated 05-09-2010 at 07:00 PM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized