View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Eliminating Lies

by , Yesterday at 06:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the past, it seemed like most people used facts as the bases of their opinions; Marketers usually based their campaigns in fact; even politicians worked from facts. And people who disagreed usually started from contrary facts. Recently, it has seemed like most people ignore facts, just saying what their fantasies dictated.

It might be that I was deluded in the past, and it could be that I have been mistaken more recently, but I think it would be safe to say that even opinions ...
  2. September Surprise

by , 02-07-2020 at 07:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have refrained from using my perspective from the 28th century to report events to this period, but this was so monumental that I felt compelled to share the information. Don't worry too much, because Trump was just a minor blip in history who was mostly forgotten within a decade.

It was early September, and the country was getting used to the idea that Trump probably would be president for another term. We were even getting used to having a president who knew as much about the ...

Updated 02-09-2020 at 07:19 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sexy Garb

by , 02-03-2020 at 09:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In an ideal state of nature, people would not, and did not, hide their bodies under clothing of any sort, but for various reasons, the wearing of clothing became common almost everywhere. Garments not only protect the body from inclement weather and other unpleasantnesses, but it hides the bodies from the sexually interested of persons of the complementary sex, and that can be inconvenient, and that inconvenience has increased over time. For the first few million years, the bodies were generally ...

Updated 02-04-2020 at 05:50 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Smells and Spices

by , 01-25-2020 at 04:40 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    As one person put it: "If you canít tell what it is then you probably shouldnít eat it." We were discussing Chinese food at the time, but I think that rule fits any cuisine; although there have been enough examples of Chinese restaurants being shutdown for serving things that are not generally considered edible that they are good examples

Seriously, if you are going to pour on so much in other flavors that one canít taste the main ingredient, then have something else. ...

Updated 01-25-2020 at 06:09 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Improving Life in America

by , 01-20-2020 at 10:39 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Reduced and corrected version

Some people were commenting on the size of the military budget of the United States of America. I simply agreed that it is rather large, but I thought a little more about it and realized that the more than six hundred billion was less than $2000 per capita, and thatís not all that much, but itís still more than I can afford. And it is also more than most Americans can afford, so, the country is adding more and more debt every year. If we were only wasting ...

Updated 01-21-2020 at 05:09 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized