View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Whose Problem

by , 09-25-2021 at 02:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t think it will come with a whimper or a bang. A few good epithets are much more likely. Or maybe I am just becoming less patient with those humans (the ones who do really stupid things.), but it isn’t just me. Consider the recent news: Apparently the Gabby Petito matter became a crime, because that guy wasn’t able to control himself in dealing with a rather attractive woman. Any man stupid enough to murder a woman like Gabby should get the same treatment, when he will be caught.
    Then ...
  2. Federal Republic

by , 05-05-2021 at 09:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has become popular for politicians at the federal level to ignore the Constitutional limits of power of the federal government. The federal government has taken to itself power of nearly all governmental functions, even though many were not granted to it in the Constitution. And they ignore the Tenth Amendment: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” Which makes it perfectly ...
  3. End of History

by , 06-27-2020 at 08:27 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don't like the term “nihilism”, but recently I have found myself using that on a few occasions; although it may have been misplaced. I have used it in reference to people who use their own set of pseudo-facts in place of history. People like the ones who tore down the statue of U.S. Grant, ostensibly because he owned a slave for a time. In that case, they were also ignoring the matter of him leading the North to victory over the Confederate States of America. Grant wasn't the nicest person around, ...
  4. On Fascism

by , 10-01-2017 at 08:08 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Strength through unity
    Versus
    "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too." Voltaire in his Essay on Tolerance

Fascism is a word that is thrown around without people even thinking about what it means. It started as an Italian word for a political group, and it derived from the Latin word ‘fasces’, which was the bundle of rod from which an axe protruded. Until Mussolini started using the term it could have been applied to any political ...

Updated 10-02-2017 at 04:10 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. American Orthodoxy

by , 05-11-2017 at 04:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Apparently the religious wars resulted in America orthodoxy splitting into several sects. I wonder whether it would be possible reconstitute the original, or if it would be better to take control of one sect and use it to conduct a war of annihilation against the other sects, or would it be better to take a more positive approach and simply spread one sect by taking over the other sects. One question that has not yet been answered is what the real American orthodoxy is.

When we look ...

Updated 05-22-2017 at 02:10 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast