View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Religious Thinking

by , 03-16-2014 at 12:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Or believing versus knowing

It has come to our attention that religious thinking has been spreading to other matters. By religious thinking I mean opinions that are believed or claimed as fact, without question and with nothing more substantial that a nudist’s pants to support them. Such unsupported ideas have appeared in politics, diet, clothing, and just about everything else, even in the hard sciences. It might be easier to say that it appears that more people are taking their ...

Updated 03-17-2014 at 01:24 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. With God On Their Side

by , 11-04-2013 at 09:57 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I listened to Bob Dylan’s song "With God On Our Side” (link below) today, and it occurred to me that there might be something to it. And I also noticed that the song refers to “god”, rather than the “Gods”, a singular, monotheist god, and the people who believe that they have god on their side are monotheists. We polytheists worry as much about which God is on the other guy’s side as much we crow about the Gods (if any) on our side, and we have no problem imagining that the other guy actually ...

Updated 11-04-2013 at 02:45 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Institutional Asperger's Syndrome

by , 10-22-2013 at 04:13 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Asperger's Syndrome in a syndrome in individuals that is typified by talking a lot, usually about a favorite subject in one-sided conversations in which the one with Asperger’s will not admit the possibility that he is wrong. People with Asperger’s also lack empathy, do not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others, speech may be flat and ...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234