View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Are Facts Important?

by , 08-05-2015 at 01:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The question in the title is very easy to answer, or it should be. Facts are essential. We can’t say much about anything without accurate facts to start with. I hope you noticed that I specified that the facts must be accurate; after all if they are wrong, then there aren’t really facts. This matter came up in regard to something that was too simple. Some mentioned “Skinner Mountain” in reference to Western Massachusetts. I pointed out that there is no place of that name in Western Massachusetts. ...
  2. Unclear About Standards

by , 06-25-2015 at 03:08 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Increasingly over time I have noticed that people are less impressed by the difference between correct and incorrect, but the problem has become a serious problem in recent time. In former times there were criminals who made a living by ignoring standards, but in recent decades it has even gotten into elementary schools, where there seems to be little difference between correct and incorrect answers.

That’s a minor problem in elementary school, but it seems to have seeped into many ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized