Blog Comments

Thank you. I am glad that someone agrees. Now I just hope that they will pay my bill.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws
    LoL, indeed!

In my humble opinion, there are WAY too many artificial scents to deal with in today's society. One's body-wash. One's deodorant. One's shampoo... yada yada yada...

There is something enticing about a "real" scent... all this other fake crap just makes me sneeze...

When I was a teen, this young man I dated used Dial soap. His mom washed the clothes in a lemon detergent, hung on the line, then ironed. This fellah was soooooo irresistible to me... yeah the natural scents, je suppose..... Sadly, he went one way, and I another... in the University days....

But yeah, SCENT has a lot to do with physical attraction.

Great topic, as always, Peter.
    Updated 06-04-2018 at 04:27 PM by PeterL (omission from what got posted.)
    You know, my IPad is supposed to have some artificial scents. But it seems pretty dumb to me.
    Be careful of artificial scents. You can't use them in Coke machines.
    LoL, indeed!

In my humble opinion, there are WAY too many artificial scents to deal with in today's society. One's body-wash. One's deodorant. One's shampoo... yada yada yada...

There is something enticing about a "real" scent... all this other fake crap just makes me sneeze...

When I was a teen, this young man I dated used Dial soap. His mom washed the clothes in a lemon detergent, hung on the line, then ironed. This fellah was soooooo irresistible to me... yeah the natural scents, je suppose..... Sadly, he went one way, and I another... in the University days....

But yeah, SCENT has a lot to do with physical attraction.

Great topic, as always, Peter.
    Be careful of artificial scents. You can't use them in Coke machines.
    I would agree that Frankenstein is melodramatic. He seems to be very wrapped up in selfish desires and is completely lost in his own emotions. These emotions also make him seem mentally ill.
    Alas, Bob Denard has been reincarnated by now; he died about ten years ago, but Mad Mike is still alive at 99 years of age. Both were quite effective in Africa, especially when they had adequate backing. Denard was the informal French military presence in many places, and he took over the Comoros twice and lived there as the semi-official something for years. Mike had a horrible piece of luck in the Seychelles. It's enough to make me laugh.

But I was thinking of the British model of development, make them learn and believe in the legal system, and the natives could run their own countries.

None of the sub-Saharan African armies can do much, but I think that some are capable of being trained. Remember that Magabee's army defeated the Rhodesian military, and the Angolan civil war was quite something.
    Dear Peter

Regards the various African remedial scenarios:

1. As noted; the likes of Bob Denard, or even Mad Major Mike Hoare were effective. Getting a bit long in the tooth now though, and a bit disreputable after the attempted Comoros coup.

2. The Nigerian Army could not even sort out their own country, but would swagger about a bit if paid & fed large quantities of pounded yam, garri & eguisi.

3. Why not return to British rule? Conquer, teach them how to play cricket & let them join the Commonwealth? It worked before.

4. An interesting aside is that in the former French colonies, the insidious Frenchies actually never left, but keep units of the French army there to support the approved indigenous incumbent, as long as French commercial interests are favoured.

Regards
    M.