View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Polarization

by , 12-27-2014 at 04:18 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was thinking about political polarization, but it just occurred to me that there is a deeper layer involved, the matter of people being completely certain that they are right, regardless of actual facts. The actual facts usually show that something else entirely is real. For example, I recently saw that fifteen new Republican members of Congress swore to get rid of Food Stamps.

I will ignore the fact that the Food Stamp program was converted to SNAP a few years ago; although that ...
  2. So. Christmas. Continued (Part 2: I Still Haven't Seen Doctor Who)

by , 12-27-2014 at 04:24 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Continuing from part 1

On the way back Napoleon talked a little.
    Basically he said that he wasn't mad at anything specifically but just generally mad over the whole of things regarding me. Kind of anger that built up over the year and isn't regarding one specific thing.
    Also that mum being mad at him was, I believe the word was b******s but can't be completely sure on my memory there, but then acknowledged that maybe he should have told her earlier but that he was still ...

Updated 12-27-2014 at 04:25 AM by Bluebiird (Too tired will check propperly later)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. So. Christmas. Continued (Part 1: Sorely Testing My Christmas Resolution)

by , 12-27-2014 at 04:12 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Told you it'd be fun.
    So. I got up early. Earlier than mum. She told me that she only had two presents for me this year. That's fine.
    So. Knowing that there were two under the tree for me I assumed that we wouldn't have out little tradition this year. That's fine too. I'm 26 and I don't have a job so I couldn't expect lots of presents. I was grateful for two. (Remember? She usually leaves a bag of little presents in my room on Christmas day. Originally they were from "Santa" ...

Updated 12-27-2014 at 04:21 AM by Bluebiird (Too tired. Will check propperly later)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. So. Christmas

by , 12-24-2014 at 10:32 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    My desk is covered in glitter. I'm waiting for my straighteners to completely cool. Then it would be wise to go to bed. Probably won't though.

So. What no advent calendar this year?
    Well. I wasn't going to get one this year. I'm 26 now. But I did. But it was basically the same as last year so it wasn't much to get excited about. I kept forgetting and opening windows 2-3 days after.
    I think I should be successfully weaned off of them for next year. Not sure if that's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Be Compassionate to People. Always Endeavour for the Good of Humanity.

by , 12-23-2014 at 09:44 PM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.

In the wake of recent events of brutality and oppression which have taken place at various places in the world, it would be appropriate to read and act the following words of wisdoms from Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah's sermon:

‘True believers and Muslims are enjoined to be gentle and compassionate.’

‘Each person should look at himself every day and see as to how much he cares about these matters and how much compassion and good will he ...