View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. On Causation

by , 12-28-2015 at 10:51 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Sometimes I get the impression that most people don’t understand causation, as in every event is caused by something(s) that came before; things don’t just happen without anything causing them. Something causes something else to happen, and that cause was caused by something else entirely. For example, when one drops a piece of lead from one’s hand, it falls; the effect is falling, and there are at least two causes that team up to produce the effect: dropping the piece of metal and gravity, and ...
  2. Turkey’s Islamic Government and DAESH

by , 12-23-2015 at 05:36 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The war in the Mid East has taken some strange turns. What has gone on in Syria is strange and largely inexplicable, but the confusion there has led to much greater chaos elsewhere. The elected government lost the support of a significant part of the military, and a civil war started or heated up anyway. There had been small revolts in various parts of the country, but that was too small to worry about, and most of the units disbanded at the end of a battle and they returned to their homes. But ...
    Tags: daesh, money, oil, turkey
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Avoid Great War - Have Connection with God and Mercy for People.

by , 12-18-2015 at 02:51 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you......Actions of various terrorist groups like ISIS brutalities has frightened common people and anti-Islam people have found chance to speak against Islam.

Some people think there are other religions too which contain harsh teaching but their followers either do not practice these religions or have changed them. So they admit change in text. But in the case of Quran, it has to be realized:

a=There was unique divine promise for safety of Quran:[ch15:v10] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Do Muslims and Christians Worship the Same God?

by , 12-16-2015 at 09:31 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Apparently, this has become a matter of contention among some Christians, Muslims, and Jews. I looked at an interview of a professional theologian (what a wonderful job that must be) who is of the opinion that Muslims, Christians and Jews do worship the same God. That should not have required any thought, but some people make mountains out of molehills. There never was any doubt as to whether Christians and Muslims worshipped the same God. Mohammed had already converted to Christianity before he ...

Updated 12-16-2015 at 09:33 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Time for a Christmas break and some light reading for myself

by , 12-14-2015 at 06:06 AM (day in a life)
    Well I am on a break now, I only have one semester left to get my MA. Next semester I will only write my thesis, no classes, I find that a bit scary. I have started my thesis, written a first draft of one chapter so that is something.

Now I am on a break and I am reading The Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins and enjoying it, no descriptions of illness or tumours so I think I am safe from diagnosing myself with the disease I am reading about at that moment.

I am almost ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized