View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. About the Dog

by , 01-21-2021 at 11:30 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Okay. This one's still ongoing but here's what we have so far. The dog, Yuki (Siberian husky 12 years old but 13 in February) keeps nibbling. And I don't mean a little bit. I mean REALLY going for it like a dog possessed. Originally belly and front paws but it has progressed to elbows and back legs/feet. What with recent issues it's not so easy to go to the vet. We can't just walk in in morning surgery like normal. We have to get an appointment and only one of us can go in. Vaccinations were also ...

Updated 01-21-2021 at 11:55 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. About Democracy

by , 01-21-2021 at 06:15 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently, more people have been talking about democracy, but I have gotten the impression that they don't know what democracy is. The word democracy is of Ancient Greek origin, demos cratos, meaning rule by the people. There are several related words of the same origin, including oligarchy, rule by few, aristocracy, rule by the best, monarchy, rule by one. Then there is republican government, in which the voting citizens select people to represent them or their interests in restricted meetings. ...