Blog Comments

I don't know where you get your news, but you should take it with grain os salt.

Lack of law and order is not a significant issue, even though Trump tries to make it into something. While there may be protests at night in a few cities, during the day time those places are carrying on as usual without any problems. The state and local leaders are quite competent, unlike the guy in the Oval Office, and they do not need outside help; although they might like to have fewer outsiders going in and trying to start race riots.

Joe Biden is sharp as a tack. He shows no signs of mental deterioration, unlike Trump who acts like a child having a tantrum. Trump has little understanding of current domestic and foreign developments. He ran for president for the publicity, so he might make money from it, but he has no idea how government operates. He seems to think that he can run the U.S.A. as he has run his enterprises, which he ran into bankruptcy six times, and in a few more years, he might run the U.S.A. into bankruptcy.

You might want to find better sources of news. Multiple soources are best, because none can be trusted all of the time.
    Interesting post.

I am not familiar with America. I just hope that law and order is imposed in a forceful way onto the states where there is trouble. The constitution permits wide powers to individual states and quite a few run by inept leaders have diminished the Rule of Law. We can all only hope for law and order. #lawandorder

Also, I pray, as Biden struggles with memory loss - that he can recover somehow. This memory loss and loss of mental faculty may be perceived as a weakness, and he would be taken advantage of by the "radical fringes" you mention in your last paragraph.

It is now time to walk my dog. I just need to get the dog whistle and his treats, and I am off.
    It's so nice to read this, a gentle narrative. Peaceful breakfast until suddenly, eggs explode and all. Hopefully a good story after the clean up.
    I am glad about the news on Yuki. Bluebiird. And specially that it is not a renal problem or the vet would be more worried. The thing of keeping the region clean is that urin is acid and may cause the dog much discomfort. As for the water bowl maybe you can get a rubber mat sometime or even use old newspapers.

Best wishes for Yuki and you!
    Thanks.
    I'm feeling better since writing. Helps to get it out.
    Yuki seems to have stopped leaking now. Pretty much as soon as we decided to make an appointment. Typical.
    It's common in old females and it can be off and on to start with.
    We've seen the vet and she's not worried. We took a very fresh urine sample even though it was clear last time it didn't hurt to take one now. It makes it easier to answer most questions the vet may have.
    She's not concerned about it now. We have briefly discussed medications but we won't have them yet as it's only the early stages now. But now the vet is aware of potential future problems and we know that medications are available to us (it's not just theoretical stuff I found online, it's a widely available treatment available to the common people so nothing crazy or unreasonable)
    So far letting the dog out to pee more so she has an empty bladder and wiping her after (because urine can cause skin irritation if it sits in the fur close to/on the skin. But huskies are pretty bushy so I don't think it's disturbing her skin now) are the right things to be doing and are what the vet would have recommended if we weren't already doing it. We also have some more puppy pads now though she keeps scratching it up oh well. (I got puppy pads a few years ago when she had an infection and might pee in the kitchen while mum was at work and I was asleep. Hadn't been used since. I've just recently started using them round the mat for her water bowl because she spills half her water every time she drinks and I worry it'll rot the floorboards. Funny that just as I'd found a use for them we suddenly need them for their original use)
    Thankfully things have progressed in 28 years. Such a relief.
    So sorry about Yuki! I hope you will be able to consult the vet soon and discover what is the matter. It doesn´t seem to be a renal problem. Aged humans often leak too.

Maybe there is a dog version of these plastic panties babies use around their wrappers. She wouldn´t like them at first, but if she gets used to them you won´t have to take her out so often.
    Hi, Tailor

What a beautiful collection of roses you have put together!
    "Zoom" meetings probably are fun each one talking from his square! They are certainly the thing to protect one´s health, during Covid times. I hope the course is enriching.

I hope your church meetings are also on line, 99 in attendance sounds like a bad joke, I hope it is one. There are about about 70 people too many. I read that once the virus arrives, it becomes difficult to control him. The track usually gets lost because of the asymptomatic. And religious gathering as any gathering may be a source of contagion.

I hope your foot gets better soon. Maybe you really have to change your shoes. Or get comfort insoles.

Glad your animals are all kicking according to age and temperament.

What about baby?

Those are Brazilian Summer temperatures you are having there. And I saw in the news that the burnings in California have started again.

Power is usually ok here, but it has oscillated a bit of late.
    ?
    Danik