View RSS Feed

Logos' blog

"He not busy being born is busy dying"--Bob Dylan, "It's alright Ma (I'm only bleeding)"

1. Blog Comments!-please read

I am ONLY "Featuring" one of my own entries because I want as many people as possible to see this; and I am afraid a lot of people might be missing comments to their own blog

Now and then people who are new members/not yet eligible for their own blog post a comment to someone's blog. It might be to a blog entry you made that day, or, it might be to a blog entry you made *months* ago. Their comment does not appear right away, it has to be posted/"accepted" manually ...
    Categories
  2. kūdos [and complaints!] part iii

Ok this is going to be pretty boring, dry stuff, but really, after reading Anza's challenge last night to set a new record of daily blogs for today

http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=33808

which, as I write this is

Most users ever posted on the same day was 18, on [30 March 2008]. ampoule*, andave_ya, Anza, B-Mental, Bluebiird, Captain Pike, Dori, Granny5, islandclimber, Nossa, Petrarch's Love, SleepyWitch, TheFifthElement*
    Categories
  3. Earth Hour--29 March 2008

If you care; if you are inclined to believe that the earth's climate is in a state of rapid change, I thought I would post a link to an interesting video If you don't care about 'tree huggers', 'climate change', and all that other 'anti-capitalist bunk', watch it anyway, take it for what it is worth, an interesting cinematic work of art

"Twenty days. Twenty thousand still images. A single message. Toronto Star photographer Lucas Oleniuk captures the issue of global warming ...
    Categories
  4. kudos part ii

I had posted a kudos blog entry earlier this year
    , and thought I would post another 'kudos' entry regarding the comments, queries, and feedback I get about the site. As usual they are posted anonymously so as to not reveal the identity of the sender.

Disclaimer: If any of you recognise one as your own, please view it in the spirit that this is intended, as a fun way to get a glimpse into how other people see and use the site.

Some of the messages I get are ...
    Categories
  5. St. Patrick

Reading about St. Patrick (c.390-461), Patron Saint of Ireland in my Oxford Dictionary of Saints (3rd ed. 1992) with my morning coffee, it seems that this guy caused much controversy and was quite the rabble rouser! I think his green beer drinking compatriots would appreciate that

One of the few sources of information regarding his life is from his own autobiography or Confessio. He was actually born in Kilpatrick, Scotland to a Roman family of high rank (his mother Conchessa was ...
    Categories
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast