View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Ocean Currents

by , 02-12-2024 at 04:14 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There were several articles in my news feed about the Atlantic Ocean currents collapsing. It will be a disaster when the ocean currents collapse, because that will mean that the Earth has stopped rotating. Apparently, some people are pushing the idea that ocean currents are caused by something other than the Coriolis effect acting on the oceans.

The ocean currents exist, because the water is not firmly attached to the solid Earth. At the Equator, the surface of the Earth is moving ...
  2. Plowshares into Swords

by , 12-03-2023 at 01:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Plowshares into Swords

I was planning to write about the reforestation of North America after the last glacial maximum. It is still going on, as the early cold weather trees continue to die off and leave space for hardwoods and warm weather trees. The process is clear to anyone who has thought about it or observed that while Maine was known as the Pine Trees there have been getting replaced by hardwoods. But anyone cane write that post, so I decided to write about beating plowshares ...
  3. Poetic Mead

by , 11-26-2023 at 07:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Poetic Mead

I was surviving and recovering from an automobile accident, when I received an email from an acquaintance who asked something about the saga. I have never written any sagas, so in my reply I suggested that I might put it in verse. I have never written any sagas, so I looked up the form, and I found this
    https://www.asnc.cam.ac.uk/resources...bbie-Potts.pdf

This link includes ...
  4. Electric Vehicles, past and future

by , 11-01-2023 at 04:13 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the early part of the twentieth Century, there was competition among the manufacturers of motor vehicles as to which type would prevail. Gasoline, steam, and electric were all available, and each had its advantages and disadvantages. Because of the weight, time to recharge, and lack of recharging facilities. Electric vehicle became less popular, except for railroads, where the tracks allowed for easy access to power. The internal combustion engine became the general rule, because the makers of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Regarding Federal Reserve System

by , 10-15-2023 at 05:45 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I recently learned that there still are people who believe the conspiracy theory that the Federal Reserve System is privately owned. One need only read Title 12, Chapter 3 of the U.S. Code to read about its ownership and what it is supposed to be doing. Some background is necessary for the creation of the Fed to make sense.

The Panic of 1907 was probably the most severe financial panic in U.S. history. There were multiple problems that came together to make the panic, but it became ...