View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Stumbling Blocks or Stepping Stones?

by , 01-14-2009 at 01:59 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)

There was this poem that I read years ago, and it has never left me.
    Its' wisdom has been mulled over time and time again by myself, and likely others who have had the good luck to come across it.
    It rings so true and I just thought that I'd share it here today with whoever wants to drop in to visit me here in my Blog.
    This is probably my favorite poem ever
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Cow Protection in Europe :)

http://www.krishna.com/en/node/1755

"Jiva the ox hears the commands of Balabhadra Dasa, moves forward, and then turns to the left. After several repetitions of these commands, Balabhadra takes Jiva to his stall, where he gently brushes and gently talks to him. Jiva’s partner, Dharma, is standing in the adjoining stall, waiting for his turn to show what he remembers from his previous lesson.

Jiva and Dharma are a pair of three-year-old Jersey oxen at Krsnuv Dvur, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. upon being committed..

by , 01-13-2009 at 09:42 PM (Silas Thorne's Journal)
    W. H. Murray in The Scottish Himalaya Expedition, 1951:

...Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, the providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings ...

Updated 01-13-2009 at 09:53 PM by Silas Thorne

Categories
    Journal Entries
  4. Good Times

by , 01-13-2009 at 07:55 PM (Exiled in a kilt)
    All is good here.

Work has gone easy this week - only 5 more trucks till the weekend.

The Steelers won - We dominated San Diego, Baltimore go down next. After that the Superbowl goes back to its rightful place in Steeltown

The girl I mentioned a couple of entries ago called - I am taking her out for dinner on Saturday, I just hope I dindt have too big a pair of beer goggles on when I met her at the bar. I know this is shallow, but its not like I already ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Not too much happening

Things here are moving along. I'm starting to clear my plate of a few projects, but more just keep coming up. I am working hard to get into my new routine of exercise in the morning and writing each night. I'm not completly doing it yet, but I have been trying to work at it. I'm also trying to fit in more time to read, since I tend to think that if you want to write well you have to read extensively.

I just finished The Jungle, by Sinclair, a week or so ago, and now I'm working ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized