View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Improving Life in America

by , Today at 10:39 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Some people were commenting on the size of the military budget of the United States of America. I simply agreed that it is rather large, but I thought a little more about it and realized that the more than six hundred billion was enough to pay attention to, and it is even enough to do something with. As we all know, the U.S.A. is more than twenty trillion in debt. The military budget isnít enough to eliminate the debt, but it might get us on the way, but not directly. We should take half of the ...

Updated Today at 10:58 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's Normal to Name Christmas Trees

by , 01-13-2020 at 04:40 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Right?
    Today's bin day (well it should be anyway. It hasn't happened yet. I plan to be in bed when it happens so as not to get sad. It's also normal to be sad when you're Christmas tree gets taken away right?)
    One of the most recent blog entries I did was on this subject a couple of years ago.
    Why do I always seem to blog around Christmas/New Year?
    Because I used to write up the daily contents of my advent calendars in my teens.....early 20's too? Definately in my teens. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. To End Political Lies

by , 01-12-2020 at 04:08 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Has it become normal and ordinary for people who are demonstrably irrational or delusional or suffering from other types of mental illness to be treated as if they were sane?

From political puffery to conspiracy theories to quack medicine to deviant behavior becoming the norm mental abnormalities are becoming acceptable in general society. In a general sense this is not a new thing; people have been complaining about the lowering of standards of behavior for thousands of years, but ...
  4. Rule of Law

by , 12-29-2019 at 04:06 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    If you want a world of savagery where the law of the jungle is paramount, then is for you, but if you have an interest in living in a civil society with complicated interactions with other humans, then more laws are required.

There are some people who doubt the validity of Hobbes' Theory of Social Contract. They think that they want no government at all. There are places in the world where there is no effective government, no government other than criminal gangs; those are dangerous ...
  5. My First Non-depressed Christmas

by , 12-27-2019 at 02:49 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So far at least.
    Hello. Long time no see
    Why so long?
    Several reasons. Laziness mostly.
    I decided to drop in so that you know I'm alive.
    One quick note. In the New Year of 2019 (the first week or two) my computer broke. Still don't know why. Probably because I'd get up, turn it on and it would stay on until I went to bed whether or not I was actually doing anything on it. It's a home computer. Not an office computer. It wasn't designed for that level of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized