View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blown up?

by , 01-02-2007 at 06:31 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    What would you guys say if I told you that we were nearly blown up?

Well, we weren't (But it got your attention though).
    I'll start from the beginning.
    Just before I went to bed I discovered a strange smell in the hallway and on the landing. It smelt like metal. I told mum (Who was already asleep, this was at 2 in the morning). She dragged herself out of bed to come and investigate. We found that it wasn't in any of the other rooms, just the hallway and the landing.
    Categories
  2. Aaack! It's Begun!

Well, we are now into day 2 of 2007 and the race has already begun! Aaaaack! Why do we do it? Why do we surrender to the rush madness that seems to perpetrate the gates of every sizable city in America? Dare I say this need to zoom through life might have become "The American way." I think Rolling Stones Mick Jaggar was somewhat deluded when he convincingly sang, "Time is on our side..." Certainly if not deluded, a symbol of archaic thinking that ...
    Categories
  3. The Internet

by , 01-02-2007 at 02:43 PM (Shannanigan's Search for More...)
    The internet is a wonderful thing. Okay, that's a generalized statement, and I've felt differently on nights when viruses have crashed my computer along with 4 hours worth of essay-writing, but overall I've had a positive experience with this world wide web...

When I got frustrated over never finding anyone nearby who likes to read and discuss literature, I found literature forums. When I needed ideas and advice for my project car I found an active forum dedicated just to my make, ...
    Categories
  4. After New Years Day

Left AAA at 10 pm to find Michael, Sandy and little Ron visiting. They had been to see Night at the Museum and stopped off. Mike wants to know when I'm geting the replacement hoses for the attic furnace which I assured him would be the 11th when the holiday pay hits the check. Tomorow's AF retirement check is already vouched for.

Steve B had called me at work. He, Kim and the girls had been back in Ohio to see family. We updated each other on family but cut call short due to ...
    Categories
  5. Just one

by , 01-01-2007 at 07:27 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Nothing to say today except for one interesting thing.

We have a family of squirrels living in our garden and they're rather partial to monkey nuts. They're always out in the garden, scurrying around and burying them. A while ago, we found one in the corner of our doormat (The cat liked scratching it every time he came in the front door ) so there is a kind of gap in that corner. A while later the nut was gone. Tonight, as mum was putting out the rubbish, she stepped on another,
    Categories