View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Jane Austen in Very Concise Summary

Recently finished a collection of Jane Austen's Seven Novels and came away well pleased with her writing but not her plot solutions. In these more modern and sophisticated times much agony and heartbreak would have been avoided with simple statements or honest answers to questions--just saying--tongue firmly in cheek.

Lady Susan: "Lady Susan aren't there any other family members you could stay with?" (Asked by anyone she's living off of for months at a time.)

Updated 01-13-2015 at 04:14 PM by mtpspur (usal hasty typing)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. There's only really one way out...

by , 01-13-2015 at 06:20 AM (Silas Thorne's Journal)
    ...and that's through poetry. There's something hidden between the gaps, some combination of words that could make silence sing again.
    Categories
    Poetry
  3. Political Cultures

by , 01-09-2015 at 04:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This morning I saw this video about Utah saving money and housing homeless people by simply giving the homeless apartments. It certainly makes sense, and it would be effective and cost effective, but I doubt that we will see much more of this, because many people make lots of money off the homeless; although it may be different in different places.
    http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/ln...rshare_fbshare

Here in Massachusetts most social services ...
  4. The New Year Resolution.

by , 01-06-2015 at 03:47 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you

The start of a new year is time when people like to make certain resolutions for the incoming time. If this determination is pivoted around virtues, world will become a better place. To achieve this end, Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah (a.t.) asked his worldwide Jama'at to check themselves how much they made effort in last year to act according to ten condition of their Pledge (Bai'at), written by Promised Messiah Mahdi (a.s.), which leads them to do virtues and avoid evil. ...
  5. My 2014 Reading

Short Stories
    Two Drovers by Sir Walter Scott
    The Lifted Veil by George Eliot
    The Necklace by Guy de Mupassant
    Paste by Henry James
    The Legend of Tchi-Niu by Lafcadio Hearn
    Cathedral by Raymond Carver
    The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield
    Judas Iscariot and Others by Leonid Andreyev
    The Waif Woman by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Hide and Seek by Fiodor Sologub