View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The End (Hopefully) of Public Radio

The firing of Juan Williams has to be one of the most unjust media decisions I have ever encountered. What exactly did he say? That he gets nervous boarding a plane with Muslims? Well, we all do. I know Iíve had that feeling. Actually I was on board a plane three weeks after 9/11 and I was looking over every single passenger to detect any sign of a terrorist. And of course, a sign of a terrorist would be any indication he was of Muslim background. Thatís what any sane and knowledgeable person ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Cigarettes & Moby-Dick - OR - The Epistemology of Re-Reading

The other day I pick up my copy of Moby-Dick and leafed through its pages. They were heavily annotated in #2 pencil and smelled of old cigarette smoke. The binding was broken in many places. Pockmarks dot one page, the victim of stray ash from a cigarette that I was smoking at the time.

For about three years, I smoked cigarettes. Not many -- about 2-4 per day. Make that 2-4 per night. Why did I start? So that I could stay awake to read Moby-Dick at night. No, I didn't think it was ...

Updated 10-20-2010 at 09:26 PM by The Comedian

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Happy Birthday Chuck Berry

If there is one person who is at the root of rock and roll, it's Chuck Berry. Every major rocker of the sixties (at least to my perception) credits Berry as a forefather. If I could play guitar, I would want to play like him.

Today he turned 84 years old and I do believe he's still performing. Here are some youtube clips to comemorate his birthday.

One of his biggest hits:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykCY...eature=related

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. R

Have a nice day.

Updated 05-10-2012 at 08:04 AM by rich14285

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. please take my picture....

by , 10-18-2010 at 10:19 AM (day in a life)
    Well my 4 year old son is taking his first steps in the modelling business... a friend of mine asked him to model hats or something, they asked me to but I'm gonna try and get out of it. I did it once for this friend before, and that was for a german horse calendar, we where both in the icelandic national uniform, I hated it... I don't photograph well... hopefully it will just be my son.

my brother is living with me for a few days, my son loves having him around! I do too, some company ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized