View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. New Political Spectrum

by , 01-24-2021 at 08:32 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Now that Trump has smashed the Republican Party. we have chunks of political parties, rather than a complete one. The chunks range from the Bolshevik collectivist communists to Mussolini style corporatist Fascists on the economic side, and on the political liberty side they range from true anarchists to absolutists. there's enough space in the range to include almost any political or economic beliefs.

Traditionally, the political parties in the U.S. have included pieces of the spectrum, ...
  2. About the Dog

by , 01-21-2021 at 11:30 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Okay. This one's still ongoing but here's what we have so far. The dog, Yuki (Siberian husky 12 years old but 13 in February) keeps nibbling. And I don't mean a little bit. I mean REALLY going for it like a dog possessed. Originally belly and front paws but it has progressed to elbows and back legs/feet. What with recent issues it's not so easy to go to the vet. We can't just walk in in morning surgery like normal. We have to get an appointment and only one of us can go in. Vaccinations were also ...

Updated 01-21-2021 at 11:55 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. About Democracy

by , 01-21-2021 at 06:15 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently, more people have been talking about democracy, but I have gotten the impression that they don't know what democracy is. The word democracy is of Ancient Greek origin, demos cratos, meaning rule by the people. There are several related words of the same origin, including oligarchy, rule by few, aristocracy, rule by the best, monarchy, rule by one. Then there is republican government, in which the voting citizens select people to represent them or their interests in restricted meetings. ...
  4. Things You've Missed

by , 01-20-2021 at 12:06 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Now then. The past year. Let's see.
    You know my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer after seeing a consultant for a hernia op. Well. As far as I'm aware he's still not on any/much immune suppressing medication (which is a huge relief in this current climate). He's on hormones which has it's own set of side effects which, upon reading, my first and only thought was "ah. Basically menopause then" I've already dealt with that once in my teens. Funny that as my mum was going through ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Its Natural Manure

by , 01-18-2021 at 10:16 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith
    Paris Nov. 13. 1787.
    the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independent 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a ...

Updated 01-18-2021 at 10:37 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast