View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. finishing off my 14th book of poetry

"Umber Apostle"... which includes some short short stories as well.
    Categories
  2. Muslims affairs

Al-Kaferoon Sura Quran
    بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
    قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ (1) لَا ...

Updated 04-04-2016 at 03:42 AM by Mohammad Ahmad

Categories
  3. Sexism

by , 04-03-2016 at 04:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few hours ago I read a disturbing discussion on an online forum. It was about whether it was acceptable to ignore sexism in writing a work of fiction. Most of the replies seemed to assume that sexism as a cultural form was a large part of the life of all women. Not being a woman, I can’t speak to all of that, but the concept of sexism that was being discussed seemed to be related to the different sex roles of men and women, and those roles are imposed by DNA and nature, not by culture.

Updated 04-09-2016 at 09:12 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ginger tea and chocolate

by , 03-27-2016 at 05:16 AM (day in a life)
    Been a while since I wrote something down here, and the only reason why I am doing it now is because I should be proofing my MA thesis.

I am kinda sick, I have had a cold for two days now, was really ill on Friday but it's getting better. It is my firm belief that the only cure for cold (or any other virus) is tea, and lots of it! So have been drinking tea pretty much day and night now for three days. I love tea but usually I go for coffee in the morning, and drink so much of it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Outlaw Public Photography

by , 03-26-2016 at 05:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the past (http://www.online-literature.com/for...blems&bt=65182 ) I wrote about photography as an attempt by people with poor memories to hang onto images of things. Analogously with what Plato wrote in regard to writing and reading photography is damaging the abilities of many people to remember what things and people look like. In addition, photography is an intrusion into personal space, and many photographers don’t even recognize the right of ...