View RSS Feed

Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

description

1. Mom

by , 12-13-2013 at 08:29 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Sunday, my mother lost her battle with illness and passed away peacefully in her sleep. I thought I was prepared as we knew three months ago that she was on her deathbed, but I am just coping barely. She was really the only parent I had as my father had nothing to do with us from the time I was eight. His death meant little as he was my father but not my daddy, a marked difference.

Thanks to all of you who have been here for me, who have put up with my illness flaring up, who have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Musings

by , 06-14-2013 at 06:54 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    John.18

[38] Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?

Funny thing about truth. Most people don't want to hear it. It is not found in popular opinion. people would rather have their own sweet delusions than to be forced to accept that it is what it is. Everyone has their own version, and most steadfastly refuse to upgrade. Lies are repeated twenty million times more than the truth. Take facebook for an example:

You may have heard that it is best not to discuss ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New Granddad in Town

by , 11-08-2012 at 10:33 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Announcing the birth of my Grandson, Logan Michael Kohari, born 11/6/2012 at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville. My wife and I were there at the hospital when they wheeled him over to Premmie Care. He was at 31 weeks. Still he weighed 3 pound, 11 ounces and was 15 inches long. He can breathe on his own and is beginning to take milk. My daughter Summer will breast feed him. He is expected out of the hospital possibly before thanksgiving, at least by Christmas! I can't wait! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The snitch

by , 11-10-2009 at 04:24 PM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    THE SNITCH

Every hunter or fisherman is after the same thing—a trophy. The hunter wants a deer/elk/moose/pronghorn that will make Boone and Crocket. The fisherman is after a bass/walleye/trout that he or she can hang on the wall to make others envious. That is where the snitch comes in.

I’m not speaking here of human snitches, although heaven knows that they are bad enough. The human snitch is one who gives out bad information in order to make others fail in their quest

Updated 11-10-2009 at 04:27 PM by Pendragon

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Black Thursday…

by , 09-20-2009 at 11:01 AM (Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia)
    Black Thursday…

Perhaps I would feel much better if I get this all written down, step by step as it occurred. Perhaps it will serve to show how, for people like myself, an ordinary day can go to hell in a hand basket before you can blink. I dunno, but here goes.

I got up Thursday morning, as is my wont, and went to the lake fishing at first light. Now I was having a wonderful time, pulling one fish in after another, when I caught the biggest fish I’ve caught this year,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast