View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Cell phones are evil

I acutally have a whole phone phobia thing, seriously. I hate using the phone, I hate even calling people that I know on the phone. And the thought of having to use a phone always gives me anxiety. I never answer the home phone when it rings.

And so I never thought that I would ever own a cell phone, never saw any reason to have one, never had any desire to have one, but I have one now but only for very speicific reasons.

One of the main things I use it for is sense
    Categories
    Random Musings
  2. The Last Knight

The Last Knight

Only a distant memory remains
    old armor left to slowly rust in the rains
    for his honor only a single red rose
    as seasons pass each petal slowly blows

Bards may still speak of his fames
    only a distant memory remains
    for a chivalry now long dead
    the last knight put finally to bed

Somewhere perhaps a maiden wept
    all alone in the bed they once slept
    only a distant memory remains

Updated 12-01-2008 at 01:27 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    My Poetry
  3. November Thanksgivings

Well, November is over and it has been a struggle but it has ended on a very good note. I was very busy this month at work, our successful October test requiring all sorts of briefings and reviews. I must say it's great when you stand in front of management and you have great news to present and that we are actually ahead of our goals. And then going down to a major potential customer and proudly presenting the accomplishments that some on their side didn't think were possible, well, that is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. How ARE the Mighty Fallen!

by , 11-30-2008 at 05:08 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    It's really getting crazy around here. Things are happening, more or less according to a wild-*** prediction of mine; but to see it thus unfolding is still hard to believe!

Housing prices falling tens of percent overnight. The places which seemed to be impervious to the rest of America's plight; the arrogant aristocracy's perchs, pompously out of reach of the clawing demise of the po' folks thrashing tentacles, now tumble tenfold into this sea of foreclosure. I can't believe we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Christmas Lists

by , 11-30-2008 at 10:41 AM (Reflections on the puddle of life)
    Today the kiddies and I posted the Christmas lists to Father Christmas. You may be glad to hear that Father Christmas has updated to the 21st Century and you can now send him e-mail via www.northpole.com. In fact there's lots of fun stuff to do there, including the 'Santa Tracker' on Dec 24th which you can use to track Santa's progress around the world, and make sure the little ones are in bed in time.

So this year the lists look like so:

Son: Age 8
    Nice
    Categories
    Uncategorized