View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. My Summer Reading Plan

August for me is always when I start what I call my summer reading. It began with the fact that my family would always go on summer vacation in August and I would always choose specific books to read for the vacation. So regardless of what my August plans on, every August I select my summer reading list. Books that evoke either a sort of vacation-like feel, or books that just seem to embody summer.

This year I had certain categories for the summer adventure I wanted to have. First ...
    Categories
    Books
  2. Her Body is Her Tower

A modern rendering of the Lady of Shalott

Her Body is Her Tower

Her life begins to ebb away
    bound by in chains by the states
    hour by hour; day by day

Trapped inside; forced to stay
    to carry this burden became her fate
    her life begins to ebb away

The only hope offered is to pray
    sorry and bitterness solidify into hate
    hour by hour; day by day

All her emotions shades of gray
    Categories
    My Poetry
  3. Falsifying Data

by , 07-23-2022 at 03:42 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today, July 22, 2022, I ran into another example of someone(s) trying to control how people thought about something by controlling the data. Specifically, it was in regard to the Cambrian Explosion. The manipulator of facts had a set of conclusions and edited the facts to get there, and other opinions be damned. That was how news media in the Soviet Union turned opinion toward the government, and it is how the U.S. Government tries to turn opinion in its favor. That method is easiest to see in regard ...
  4. Existential Threat? No

by , 07-21-2022 at 07:22 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have respected science and knowledge in general since my earliest memories. I strongly considered going into a scientific field professionally, but being outside the sciences is more appropriate to someone of my personality; I am better suited for generalism than for the narrow specialization of the sciences.

While it is possible that the human race will be destroyed by a change in the climate of the Earth, that is rather unlikely, and it would be impossible for humans to alter ...
  5. Night Life

Love lights flash at night
    serenades begin at sunset
    subtle strife for life and death

Stillness masks chaos
    unseen wars and romances
    beauty hangs on dangers edge.
    Categories
    My Poetry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast