View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Pledge: I shall give Precedence to Allah’s Guidance over Worldly Matters >Explanation

by , 10-23-2014 at 10:22 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    Life has issues and matters. Allah wants the believers to have successful life. This peaceful and successful life needs proper guidance. There is a pledge “I shall give precedence to Deen over world.” in Ahmadiyya Muslims. The word Deen means to live according to directives and pleasure of Allah through words and deeds. Thus the pledge, in easy words, means: I shall give precedence to my religion over worldly matters or I shall live life, in which my words and deeds will ...
  2. Music Induced Hearing Loss

by , 10-23-2014 at 09:06 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was reminded again today that I didn’t destroy my hearing by listening to over-amplified music. It was just a jazz trio, but they put out enough noise to cause pain. This wasn’t the first time when I have suffered from loud music, and it isn’t my fault. Musicians usually have hearing loss from loud noise. This study says that “professional musicians are almost four times more likely to suffer noise-induced hearing loss than other people.” http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...ng-loss-n93981. ...
  3. Intention of the heart and related action.

by , 10-22-2014 at 08:55 AM (The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).)
    Peace be on you.
    Intention of heart plays very important role.

Once three people came in the gathering of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him). One of them saw a place near Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.) he sat there, other person found a place behind the people he sat there and third one thought there was no place, he left.

When Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) finished his address, he said: Should ...

Updated 10-23-2014 at 01:05 AM by YALASH

Categories
    increase peace in life , Reforms , Spiritual reforms in current era. , Holy Prophet
  4. Gilding the Lily

by , 10-17-2014 at 07:22 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have wondered about tattoos and similar things that distract, or detract, from someone’s personal appearance. I suppose that people who are especially ugly have good reason for wanting people to look at the eighty five piercings, rather noticing that you are uglier than a deformed warthog, But I have noticed otherwise not bad looking people with tattoos and/ or piercings. I realize that these things are fashions, and that a fair number of people have only a piercing through the septum, so that ...

Updated 10-19-2014 at 10:15 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. An explosive prodigality

AN EXPLOSIVE PRODIGALITY

The following prose-poem arose is a result of reading a review of The Book of Disquiet published posthumously in 1982 as I was beginning that portion of my life north of the tropic of Capricorn in Australia. The work is by Fernando Pessoa (1888–1935). It is a fragmentary lifetime project which was left unedited by the author. He introduced his book as a "factless autobiography."1

This volume was reviewed by George Steiner in The ...

Updated 10-15-2014 at 01:20 AM by Ron Price

Categories
    Uncategorized