View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Moviegoer

Once upon a time ago, I was asked to share my thoughts on The Moviegoer when I got around to reading it. So I figured I would honor that request still though it has been some time ago.

I was left with some very mixed feelings about this book. It did have a sort of Southern Gothic vibe to it (in my admittedly limited experience with that genre) and I tend to find that Southern Gothic is a genre that usually just doesn't really connect very well with me.

But with that ...
  2. thread deleted

Sorry, not now
    this thread is regional affairs and there is cautions

Updated 09-09-2014 at 10:39 AM by Mohammad Ahmad

, , , ,
  3. An Update

by , 09-08-2014 at 12:25 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So. I have a small update.
    And no. It's not an update on that sister thing. My nails are to long again so it's a little uncomfortable to type.

I've finally got a letter about my ultrasound appointment.

It's next Wednesday at a different hospital. I've Google mapped it so I feel a little more comfortable about going to a strange place. I think I should be okay with it. I think. I was a little worried it might possibly coincide with "that time" but I've ...
  4. Implications of Quantum Mechanical Effects on the Macro Scale

by , 09-08-2014 at 08:53 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Now that it has been demonstrated that effects that were previously thought to exist on the Quantum scale also exist on the macro scale we will have to figure out how to use those effects. It is likely that the effects were first noticed in very small things, because it is easier to apply the conditions on very small things. There probably is a way to entangle the particles of a human with something else, but it will be more difficult than it was with a pair of diamonds. And how will we get one ...
  5. You Hear About These Things

by , 09-04-2014 at 03:32 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    But you never think it's happened in your family.

This concerns Napoleon's (my father) side of the family. So when I reference uncles and such it's the alive one and the dead one from his side, not the one on mum's side who annoys me now and then.

So. I'm going about my business as normal when Napoleon calls. He has something to say but he wants to talk with mum about it first. Now I'm thinking 'Oh crud, it's something evil' (and by evil I mean him trying to find me employment ...

Updated 09-04-2014 at 05:48 PM by Bluebiird