View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A new way of writing.

by , 10-14-2008 at 11:53 AM (Diary Of A Shadow)
    On the book I'm writing: In contempt of Utopias

I've decided to incorporate prose poetry and philosophy together in order to write it.

In a way I want my writing to have the element of poetry with the insights of philosophy.

I'm not sure if it is going to work but I'm going to try it anyways.

Of course the poetic usage I'm using I want to be dark, maccabre,pessimistic and illuminating like Edgar Allen Poe or Baudelaire.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My So Called Life

My So Called Life

Tottering still with training
    wheels on

So ineffectual at this thing
    called life

A failure by all accounts
    what have I accomplished?

Living too much inside
    my head

I create my own worlds
    because I cannot face this one

In places that do not exist
    I can reign like a queen

But here in this space
    called reality
    Categories
    My Poetry
  3. My Latest Painting

Just yesterday I finished my latest painting. I've been working on this one for quite some time, but actually I must admit that it took more time than usual due to the fact that I really haven't been getting into my studio as much as I would like: the start of school- lesson plans and grading, and a few family traumas kept me tied up far more than usual.

Any way... the painting in question is entitled Medusa (although I'm not completely sold on that title... any suggestions?): ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. She Finds a House!

by , 10-13-2008 at 04:11 PM (Captain Pike's Ship Log II)
    Well folks, Little Miss wonderful seems to have found the house for us. And none too soon, either. You see, her parents are a little toxic which makes living there difficult. It's not a grand Palace, but it has four bedrooms and an attached garage! I don't know if the pool table in the finished basement comes with it or not.

She is an only child and ...

Updated 10-13-2008 at 04:18 PM by Captain Pike

Categories
    Autobiographical
  5. Natural Woman

This one was inspired by the Wilindorf Venus. Which is the oldest known representation of the Goddess

Categories
    My Art