View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Tree

by , 09-28-2017 at 06:04 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Iíve just lost a family member. Youíll laugh when I tell you itís a tree. Allow me to elaborate.

Iím 29 years old.
    My parents got married 10 years before I was born.
    They held off getting married until theyíd bought a house, then the wedding was a bit rushed (this is most likely due to the fact that my dad grew up in some abysmal council houses with his brothers and his mother who had a nervous breakdown (or something to that effect) and ended up going practically blind ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. To All Nerds Out There

by , 09-19-2017 at 03:59 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    LoL! I must have time on my hands today.

Anyhow, I did a Google Search on "what is a nerd". I was given several dictionary definitions of said word, amongst a very long list of internet places to visit to get a feel for this 'affliction' if you will.

Nonetheless, in my perspective, growing up, you were a NERD if you:

- did not attend the local school's dances
    - attended the dances without a date
    - visited your grandma
  3. Fun Uses for False Premises

by , 09-19-2017 at 03:12 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I started writing about false premises as a logical fallacy, when I realized that false premises have frequently been used as the basis for an ideology. By selecting a suitable premise one can "prove" pretty much anything. Founders of political, religious, and social movements have usually used false premises as the bases for their movements. The premises are often stated outright as the principles of the organization, but they are sometimes unstated or misstated.

False ...

Updated 09-20-2017 at 05:29 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Going Gluten Free?

by , 09-17-2017 at 02:59 PM (Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix)
    Well, haven't visited my own Blog for how many years???

In any case, my hubby has decided that he would like to try going Gluten Free for a while, just to see if he feels better. He is not sick or anything, but he has this idea that going gluten-free will make him feel more energetic, etc.

*sigh*

[Note that our freezer is full of stuff that is certainly NOT gluten-free: i.e. breaded fish, Tourtiere (French meat pie), etc. etc.]

In any

Updated 09-17-2017 at 04:57 PM by kiz_paws

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fine Art of False Premises

by , 09-12-2017 at 07:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Using false premises allows one to create a seemingly logical argument that is false. An easy way to build on false premises is to base oneís argument on opinions, rather than facts. For example, sometime last week I saw several things to the effect that ACC had caused hurricane Harvey. The first time I heard that, I just laughed, but with several repeats I started to be concerned. Apparently, some people have forgotten that hurricanes existed even back in the Little Ice Age; they start without ...

Updated 09-13-2017 at 07:53 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast