View RSS Feed

Virgil

1. Kazakhstan Wins Gold!

Given that our son was born in Kazakhstan and that we spent a combined over two months in the country a couple of years ago, meeting the people and immersing ourselves in their culture, we have affectionate spot in our hearts for the country. We wondered about their Olympic team. What a thrill we got when on the first day of competition they win a gold.

Alexandr Vinokourov Wins Olympic Cycling Road Race Gold Medal For Kazakhstan
    By SAMUEL PETREQUIN 07/28/12 03:38

Updated 07-28-2012 at 10:41 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fifty Year Anniversary of Their First Gig

Talk about old guys who rock! I guess most people know I’m a big Rolling Stones fan. If you don’t, I am. They really are the greatest rock and roll band ever. Today, July 12th 2012 marks the fiftieth anniversary of their first show. You can read about in The Guardian:

A sober-suited crowd of about 80 men and 30 women were on hand to witness the Rolling Stones' first gig. There was a taste among both sexes for shapeless, utility-style clothes, stout shoes and goofy square glasses.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Matthew's First Day at School

I know I owe an update on Matthew. It’s been a while and some have been asking and a bit has happened since then, mostly Matthew progressing into his terrible twos. This blog will not bring you up to date. I’ll have to save that for another time. But it documents an important day, Matthew’s first day at school.

A two year old in school? Well, this is pre-pre-school. Yeah they have such a thing. Apparently it’s common now. My wife had started looking for one she liked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Summer Reading, 2012

I’ve got an ambitious summer reading planned and thought I’d share. For some reason hearing what others are reading gives me some sort of pleasure. It satisfies an impulse of curiosity. I’m not a prying person, nor a nosy person, but when sitting by someone who is reading, say on an airplane, I can’t help to try and peek over and spy on the title of the book. Does that make me a peeping Tom? .

So for anyone who’s curious about my summer reading plans, here’s a blog on a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Three Minute Hamlet (Funny)

Actually it runs closer to five minutes. I have no idea why they dubbed it "Three Minutes."

It's a comic sing through the play with doodle depictions of the scenes. It's really hilarious, if you're a lover of Shakespeare, or even if you just like the play Hamlet. And the rhymes are cute too. I think Shakespeare would have loved this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1xtcNxmbKU

Also, I know that melody but I just can't place it. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast