View RSS Feed

Virgil

1. Stones Play O2

They played the O2 in London. Read my blog on this from a month ago: http://www.online-literature.com/for...Doom-and-Gloom

Apparently they were great. So jealous. Someone filmed the show of what appears as a phone camera and they have video clips of mostly mediocre quality on youtube.

Here's an extended report from Sky News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5l1XjVikTM

Here's what I think was the best quality video, "You Can't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Happy Thanksgiving & St. Kateri Tekakwitha

Happy Thanksgiving & St. Kateri Tekakwitha

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. I want to wish all my American friends a wonderful holiday. As bad as the times are, and I’ve never seen them like this in my adult life, there are many more things we should be thankful for. Life is good. Here’s a little historical perspective.

And here’s something silly to enjoy. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Reader’s Kit to Moby Dick

During the summer, some may remember I mentioned I was going to be reading Herman Melville’s Moby Dick as part of my summer’s read. Well I finally finished, three months after I started, which shows you either how slow a reader I am or how busy I’ve been or, yet still, how distracted I can become. One of my favorite quotes is from TS Eliot: “Distracted from distraction by distraction” (from “Burnt Norton”). I guess the reality is that all three are somewhat true.

I want to entice ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bread and Circuses

The country has become one synchronized, disgusting reality TV show.

We have what was once a hero general caught with his pants down with a girl (actually a married woman) whose name sounds like it came out of a James Bond movie.

We have another general—our commanding general in Afghanistan—having the time to send hundreds of emails to a “Florida socialite hostess,” presumably while soldiers are being killed.

We have the seductress James Bond girl from ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  5. Sandy

We survived the hurricane safe and sound with no damage to the house. It was a weird night. Our power went down around 9 PM the night the storm hit. I don't we had that much rain, certainly not the foot of rain they predicted, but the winds were wild! It felt the house was standing in the middle of a wind tunnel. The trees were waving like poppies in a field. I had to really coax the dog to go out to relieve herself--smart dog, dumb owner--and as I walked her to the backyard, I kept my eye ...

Updated 11-01-2012 at 12:00 AM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast