View RSS Feed

Virgil

1. All Things Mothers Say In A Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day in the US. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I offer this neat video clip, titled, "All Things Mothers Say In A Day" sung to the exuberant finale of Rossini's William Tell Overture.

Belated Mother's Day Wishes!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Stones Play "Emotional Rescue" Live

The big news from the new Rolling Stones tour is that they have included the song "Emotional Rescue" into their set list. You may wonder why that is such big news, especially since the song reached number three on the US charts when it came out as a single back in 1980. It’s certainly not every song that breaks the top ten. The album, also called “Emotional Rescue” broke to number one. Not bad for an album where the band doesn’t follow it up with a tour. I remember that summer it came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mama's Finger: Update Post Operation

Well, my mother had her operation on her finger Wednesday. You can read about the need in my previous blog entry. All went well. The only hangup was trying to get one of her earrings off. She was to take all jewelery off, but no matter how we tried we couldn't unclasp the right one. The nurse put tape over it, something about it getting too hot during the operation and burning her. I can't say I understand. It had no bearing on the operation.

The operation took under ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mama’s Finger

Let’s start with my mother being seventy-nine. She’s a strong seventy-nine, but still she’s actually closer to her eightieth birthday than the one she just passed. She has slowed down since her hip replacement from four years ago, but still she gardens and walks, and now that my brother has been away she’s living alone. Living alone actually gives her less to do because when my brother and his wife are at her house, she cooks and cleans for them as if she was forty years old and they were teenagers. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Thoughts on the New Pope

I don't know if there are any Catholics left on Lit Net, but there still many be a person or two who might be interested in my thoughts on this subject. I wrote this for somewhere else, but I'll share.

First, it was an incredible surprise on the timing. Not much more than a couple of hours (maybe it wasn’t even that long) before the white smoke I had just finished reading a blog by a church historian on how long some of these conclaves take to come to a decision. He was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast