View RSS Feed

Virgil

1. Two Weeks

Itís now been two weeks weíve been home with Matthew. Two weeks only? My God it feels like several months. Iím not sure I even remember what life was like before him.

As you can see Iíve not been on the internet as much. Iíve probably been on a fraction of what I used to. We do put him to bed at eight, and that would theoretically give me the rest of the evening, but frankly Iím tired. Iíve been falling asleep not much after myself. This is a lot more work than I thought. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Baby Experiences

Weíre home and Matthew is with us and is an official American. We are finally real parents and Matthew is getting acclimated to his new environment. Let me admit it up front Ė itís tough being a parent. Heís a handful and unless heís sleeping he requires constant attention. I guess Iíll eventually blog about some of our parenting experiences. I didnít have the computer with me in Kazakhstan and I didnít keep lots of notes. I was able to send off this email to family and friends while out there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Constitution Day

Iím not referring to the US constitution.

Itís ironic actually. As we try to bring a correction to what has been done to the US constitution with a glorious march in Washington yesterday, Iím stymied by the Kazakhstan holiday of its Constitution Day.

First the march on Washington yesterday. If it had not been for the adoption events, and then a wedding that came up for yesterday evening as well, I had intended to go and be there. Back in the spring my friend Joe ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Satisfaction

I donít read the New York Times very much, but in scouring headlines this evening I came across a great op-ed from yesterdayís edition. The writer reminisces about the end of communism in Prague and the moment he and his countrymen finally came to realize that freedom was real.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/op...sler.html?_r=1

IN a stadium in Prague, 20 years ago today, a hundred thousand people, including my father and me, saw something we were not supposed
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ray Bradbury hates big government

Wow, it's not very often I find a contemporary author who shares my perspective on politics. I had never known this about Ray Bradbury. Actually I'm ashamed to say I've never read Ray Bradbury, but now I will have to for sure. I know nothing about him, except his name and the titles of a few of his works. I'm not really into science fiction. As an engineer science reality trumps science fiction. I found this in the LA Times.

Ray Bradbury hates big government: 'Our country is

Updated 08-17-2010 at 09:13 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized