View RSS Feed

Virgil

1. Janine

For those of us who were regulars here on Lit Net many years ago and remember Janine, I'm saddened to report that on November 27th, 2018, our dear friend passed away. She was 68 years old. Eternal rest grant unto Janine, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Matthew and Shakespeare

Let me copy this over from my personal blog. Matthew is my son and you can go back into my past blogs to learn more about him and our adoption. Anyway he's eight years old now. This happened the other day.

OK, I was reading a Shakespeare play (Henry VI, Part 1) out of my big complete volume containing all of Shakespeare’s plays and poetry. The binding is literally at least six inches thick, and is about eight by ten in dimension. It’s a big book.

Matthew sees ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New Family Member: Tiger

Those that know me here know that my wife and I have been dog people all our lives, but last week Matthew and I stumbled upon a little kitten beside our house and of course found him irresistible. We now have a kitten to add to our rambunctious dog and hyperactive son. I posted a summary on my personal blog, but here are the first two paragraphs:

Of course this was completely unplanned. Thursday, May 14th (I date it for posterity’s sake) after dinner at about half past six Matthew
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My 2014 Reads

Hi all

I haven't been on in a while. I think I last mentioned we had a new pup in the family, and she has been a handful. I don't remember my other pups driving us crazy like this one. So since my wife was with her all day, I had to give up part of my evenings to releave her and stay with the dog. Evenings after work is my usual computer time, and there was no way this pooch was going to let me be.

Then just after Christmas my computer went bonkers and after looking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A New Addition to the Family

Well, we've enlarged our family with a new four legged member, a black Labrador Retriever pup. She's special, and just as cute as can be. I can't remember how to upload pictures here on Lit Net, so if you're interested, come by my Ashes blog to see:

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....day-rosie.html

And actually you can see the breeder's litter of pups at an earlier post, posted before we were able to select one.

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....ouncement.html ...

Updated 10-08-2014 at 10:52 PM by Virgil

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 50 12345611 ... LastLast