View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Prince

I just finished reading [I]The Prince[/I] for the first time in maybe ten years. It is amazing to me the difference in view that the time has made. I remember the first time reading it, I was horrified by some of the tactics and the dishonesty that Machiavelli encouraged. I believed then, and I still believe now, that Machiavelli held a belief that all men are inherently evil. While I use the term evil quite loosely, I find that he did not believe in the goodness or honesty of people. The only ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. For Mothers

Happy Mothers day to all of the moms here on LitNet. It's a little early, but as I'll be getting the Mommy treatment tomorrow, I figured today was as good as any to say it:D

So here's my list of the top ten things that let you know you're a mom.

1. You don't remember what it is like to sleep through an entire night. Sure the kids are older, but you sill wake up at 2:30 out of habit.

2. You know all the bodily fluids that children can produce, and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Not too much happening

Things here are moving along. I'm starting to clear my plate of a few projects, but more just keep coming up. I am working hard to get into my new routine of exercise in the morning and writing each night. I'm not completly doing it yet, but I have been trying to work at it. I'm also trying to fit in more time to read, since I tend to think that if you want to write well you have to read extensively.

I just finished The Jungle, by Sinclair, a week or so ago, and now I'm working ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized