Blog Comments

I understand where you are coming from, I experienced it myself when reading that book. I think at the time I just marveled at his organization of logic. I need to pick up Discourses because now you have me curious about this.
    From the things you've said about her, I'm sure she'll love it. Enjoy your time with your Mom!
    Oh I'm giving her roses and a framed picture of the two of us.
    Thanks Virgil and Motherhubbard. Mom H - I hope that you have been enjoying a wonderful day with you family. Virgil- Hope you gave your mom a huge hug and treated her to a nice dinner or perhaps some pretty flowers to plant in her garden.
    3. You can't hear someone talking to you from the next room, but you can hear a call for Mommy from more than 100 yards.
    That to me is the heart of motherhood.

For those that may not know, the second Sunday in May is Mother's Day in the US, and that is tomorrow,

Happy Mother's Day to all the great mothers here.
    Very nice, Meg. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow.
    Glad things are going well for you, Meg. I definitely need to get more reading done, too. Why is this such a chore? I LOVE reading! But there is always so much going on that .... [and the list goes on, eh?]

Anyhow, you made a gem of a point when you said that one needs to read a lot to become a good writer. That is something that a published author mentioned in their book, but which one? I forget, I have lots of books on the craft of writing. It might have been Margaret Atwood or even Stephen King himself! (he has a GREAT book on the craft of writing, yes indeedy-doo!).

Say, here is a link, if you are interested, on this very subject: For Writers Interested In The Craft

Cheers,
    K♥zzo
    Very interested in your opinion of Phantom as I first read it as a young pre-teen and was enthralled by it. The character of the Persian always fascinated me.
    happy to hear that things are going well for you.
    awwwwwwww! I love the idea of a tattoo! How imaginative and sweet .
    Meg, I don't know if I'll be able to finish reading the rest of it, like I intended to. Our internet crashed and I'm at a friend's house, using her computer. However I did read this chapter and loved it very much. I love the sweetly romantic tone - I think it really shows love, not lust . And I do hope Allarick succeeds in making Bella too happy to ever leave . I also like the word you've chosen for mate - tamore sounds great.
    I'm going to try and clean up my blog between now and then:) I started to try and rearrange things so my stories were back in their areas and such, but it seems there is now a 15000 word limit on a blog :blush: Anyhow, when I had to break the entries, I had to post new entries for the second parts. Now I'm thinking I may just have to go back and try to straiten it some other way, or at least number them all for proper reading order. Much Love, Meg
    woot! splendid! I'm with Rich here - I have a WHOLE lot of reading to do this weekend - but I shall certainly savor it very much
    I'm behind but I think I shall savor catching up this weekend.
    I was just thinking about this the other day. I actually waffle on the matter myself but what I was wondering the other day was more about the executioners. Somebody has to perform an act that will kill anothe person, I wonder if these people are religious and if so how does one reconcile a governemnt supported execution with the fact that one is killing. Or even if they aren't religious they are still ending a human life.
    I hope the hand gets better Meg. I have no idea what those symptoms suggest. I'm also confused by the second poster's identity...a new lit-net mystery. I hope all is well. B
    I'm very happy for you Meg!
    Fabulous! I'm happy for you.
    This is very good news to hear. I hope it only gets better for you.
    So glad to hear all is going well. Enjoy your dinner get together tonight.
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast