Blog Comments

I do have a vague memory of you Mortis Anarchy. Congratulations! I've never been to Oklahoma, but have known a few good people from there. Now Minneapolis I am familiar with and except fro the harsh winters it's a really nice city. I'll bet you'll like it.

Edit: I just noticed your avatar and I do remember you! That's fantastic you graduated. All the best.
    Hello Mortis, and BOOMER!

I am a Sooner, too. 1994 graduate of the Letters program.

This is my first post. What is taking you so far north?
    WOW! that's all that came to mind when reading you're entry..I can imagine what you've been through!
    I Wish the best my friend.
    Well hi Mortis. Glad you're doing well and your first year was fruitful. Have fun traveling.
    Have fun traveling! I notice you are living in Norman-is that in Oklahoma? I'm from Oklahoma and I lived in Norman for five years. Loved it there and didn't want to leave.
    Haha, I actually expected more. Thats ok though, I actually enjoy it, as weird as it seems.

Thanks for the help Virg!
    Hi Mortis. Nice to see you again. I can see how economics can be tedious. That firealarm story was interesting. What you should have said back to that boy was, "well aren't you sleepy at this hour?" and hope the conversation continues. If you ask him a question, you've put the ball in his court. Then he's got the option of (1) returning with an answer and a question to you, (2) curtly answering and walking away, or (3) shyly blushing and being flabergasted. But you made a move and that's all one can do. When you want a conversation to continue, ask a question or two.

Sorry about homework, but that's college. What did you expect, not to have to do any work?
    welcome back mortis!!!! good to see you on the forum! how you been keeping?
    Ana, so glad to see you back. That's ok about engineering, it's not for everyone. It sounds like you're going into a good field. You're going to be very busy with school and work, but stop by when you can. I'll have to send you a friend request. It's one of the new things here on lit net. I'll stop by your profile page to say hi.
    I hope your friend having a new girl doesn't change stuff too much, but things will likely change quite a bit. It is much harder to maintain opposite sex friends, or at least close ones, the older you get. You become a couple and then you have "our friends" to contend with instead of "my friends", and you also tend to hang out with other couples. Maybe try planning double dates once in a while to go out and do things. Good luck to you Ana.
    Good luck on your score Ana. I bet you did fine. Only toying with engineering? boo-hoo. No seriously pick what you will like. It may even take your freshman year to really know what you want. Good luck in any case.
    i'm with virgil.
    Ana, if he keeps that up for a few weeks, you should go to the dean or principal and tell him this teacher is not teaching and going off topics. I don't like teachers that do stuff like that, especially when their talking about bad behavior and praising it.
    Stress - everyone has coping mechanisms. Most smoke and drink too much and die early. I daydream. Currently I've taken two storylines in my head and interwoven them by creating a vampire society that imports its food from other time dimensions (due to low human resources - LOL), which has created holes in the space-time continuum, resulting a synthesis of fact and fiction. Basically, my character Jules comes to life in my reality, while I end up in this alternate reality which I'm playing with in my head. If I went into great explanation most people's heads would explode, but I keep it straight, and it provides me hours of amusement and happiness.
    Technically it's supposed to be a poor coping skill, this daydreaming, but it sure beats crack and heroin, and those cancer sticks.
    Anyhow, find one, a good one - a hobbie approved of by the American Psychiatric Community.
    Jon's probably right about stress. But I find exercise helps me. As to colleges Ana, I'll have to give it some thought. Did you want to go far from home? You lived in Texas, right? I forget which of the Texas colleges fits that, either Univ of Texas or Texas A&M. Austin is a really nice town for many things. Which university is there? Whichever one it is, i kind of remember it has both a good engineering and English departments.
    people don't deal with stress, stress deals with people.

college apps, huh? that's a pretty broad criteria. depends what state. i think Boston College is cool, one of my friends went there and loved it. expensive though. Languages and journalism? Columbia U is the place for that. NYU as well. very expensive. check out Northwestern U. and Haverford (Haverford not much of a city, but top notch journalism program) there's middle of the road George Washington U. in D.C.. and for engineering i'd recommend Stevens in Hoboken, NJ, which is a great school. not my field, i was philosophy, the subject with the lowest number of students next to the Humanities programs.
    Hullo! After a week at school I'm sick too!
    welcome to bagels anonymus. For those of us addicted to bagels. I've been doing okay. managed to not have a bagel in work for two solid weeks! (being at home sick helps alot!)
    Senioritis will get you:D It did me, but it was half the fun. Good luck this year, and sorry you and your friend were split. That sucks really bad. Oh yeah, I second your EWWWWWW sound about the not washing hands bit. That is really disgusting.
    I've gotten into the habit of washing my hands frequently during the day. I also keep one of those hand sanitizers around.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast