View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. stuff and things

by , 02-07-2021 at 12:43 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    The foxes are screaming again. It's to be expected. It's breeding season afterall. I put chicken out for them yesterday but they didn't take it. To be fair mum put some out the day before and yester a neighbor had something out front. They've probably taken my chicken now though. Why do we have chicken to waste you may wonder. And where have I been? I said I'd pop in over the week or so to fill in events.
    Hah. We knew you wouldn't keep it up. You never do. I bet you were doubting yourself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. About the Dog

by , 01-21-2021 at 11:30 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Okay. This one's still ongoing but here's what we have so far. The dog, Yuki (Siberian husky 12 years old but 13 in February) keeps nibbling. And I don't mean a little bit. I mean REALLY going for it like a dog possessed. Originally belly and front paws but it has progressed to elbows and back legs/feet. What with recent issues it's not so easy to go to the vet. We can't just walk in in morning surgery like normal. We have to get an appointment and only one of us can go in. Vaccinations were also ...

Updated 01-21-2021 at 11:55 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Things You've Missed

by , 01-20-2021 at 12:06 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Now then. The past year. Let's see.
    You know my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer after seeing a consultant for a hernia op. Well. As far as I'm aware he's still not on any/much immune suppressing medication (which is a huge relief in this current climate). He's on hormones which has it's own set of side effects which, upon reading, my first and only thought was "ah. Basically menopause then" I've already dealt with that once in my teens. Funny that as my mum was going through ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Once Again I Return

by , 01-18-2021 at 03:04 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Pretentious title? It was the best I could come up with. It's 6:33am.
    Haven't had to really type for months. Not typing for a long time. My desk hasn't really been clear since Christmas. Well, the part that leads to the keyboard. The other half got more crap on it because I had to get it out of the way.

So. Anyway. I haven't been here for ages. And I figured I should cover a few things. But since I ramble a lot and can go into a conversational labyrinth I know this would end ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Exciting Case of the Exploding Egg

by , 09-27-2020 at 03:41 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Be thankful I didn't put EGG-citing and EGG-sploding. I did consider it.

So. It's colder now. Summer is over and Autumn is here. Time to snuggle in jumpers and extra blankets but not yet cold enough for all out central heating and winter bedding. Not just yet.
    When it gets colder I like to wrap up in blankets (I have a problem. For the past 3 Winters I've collected a blanket or two and/or snuggly cushions each year. I have enough now that I needn't succumb to that temptation ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized