View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Well, doesn't the title Barmy Blue's Bland Blog give you a clue as to the content?

1. Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

by , 06-06-2011 at 11:35 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I highly doubt it. While walking the dog I was reflecting on Napoleon (not the historical one, the other one) and as I was approaching home I happened upon an interesting thought. Why don't the rules and regulations of adoption apply to having a child?
    Say for example a couple thinking to having a child would go through the same or a similar process to those thinking of adoption. Unfortunately I don't know the ins and outs of the whole adoption process but the gist of it should be common ...

Updated 06-06-2011 at 11:41 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Teleporting Slugs?

by , 06-03-2011 at 09:27 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Just before taking the dog out for her night time walk, at about 1:30am my mother comes in while I'm trying to knit a sakura pattern (I've been making a blanket for about 2 and a half years now, by knitting patches of 40x40 and sewing them together, my latest one is a cute sakura blossom.) She asks me to remove a slug from the kitchen while she takes the dog out. Eh? can't you see I'm tied up but what the hell. I finish the row I'm doing and scavenge a card box from the bin to scoop the little bugger ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is a father that important?

by , 06-01-2011 at 10:17 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    How important is a father to a daughter I wonder. I can't help wondering that now. Napoleon's annoying me. Do you mind if I vent a little? No one actually has to read this, it's not my normal kind of entry where I secretly hope I'll get lots of views and comments this one's just done purely for the sake of it.
    For those of you who don't know Napoleon is what I call...........................my dad. Apologies for the long pause. Even my hands seem to resist saying that. It just feels wrong ...

Updated 06-02-2011 at 07:49 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Excellence is Doing Ordinary Things Extraordinarily Well

by , 05-07-2011 at 10:20 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I feel like writing something. Not sure what. Maybe I could write a poem, that seems to be a popular thing at the moment. Gah I just don't have the knack for poetry. I had to study it a little in my first year at uni. Didn't help that my tutor's speciality was poetry. I just don't get it. To me it's not a poem unless it rhymes but it was like everything I knew about poetry was wrong even though there aren't supposed to be any right or wrong answers with this sort of thing. I used to write crummy ...

Updated 05-07-2011 at 10:22 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Dream(s)

by , 05-04-2011 at 09:57 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Said I might mention that fun dream I had a while ago. Felt like writing about it now. Shocked gasp. Blue's actually writing about what she said she would. Now this comes in three distinct parts. The first one is tricky to remember and was the first section I remember, I think (I actually forgot this then remembered again).
    Part 1
    My mother and I have gone on some kind of holiday. We're staying at a hotel/B&B/Inn it kind of varies as I progress. Next door to this resting place ...

Updated 06-04-2012 at 11:42 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Odd Dreams