View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. After the Horror of Last Halloween

by , 11-01-2011 at 01:09 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Last Halloween totally sucked. We got a group of about 3 or 4 trick-or-treaters. They all grabbed for the sweets at the same time and had a little hand scuffle and once they'd all got some they went back for seconds. No way. They had to be prompted by their accompanying adult to say thank you and it was half-hearted and mumbled. That was it. This was on the Sunday that we'd been to the October expo, no I didn't go this year, so we were pretty tired and didn't have much time to prepare before the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Cooling down

by , 10-20-2011 at 11:59 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I'm waiting for my straighteners to cool down. PC has suddenly slowed down, it does that at this time of morning. I stayed in the bath too long (not exactly uncommon for me). This time I kept falling asleep though. The bath's so warm I don't want to get out. It's gotten really cold lately and we're debating whether or not to put the central heating on. I object because once it's on it'll be on all through to spring. It's at this time of year that energy prices are put up to take full advantage ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Carry On Nurse

by , 09-27-2011 at 04:46 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I barely had time to sit down yesterday. I'm pretty mellow today though.
    I got up earlier than normal (but later than the rest of mankind in this time zone. Mum went back to the hospital to collect her eye drops and to be told what to do. The day before, after the operation they told her that she had to lay on her side for 50 minutes then stand for 10 and repeat every hour. Apparently this is because there is gas inside the eye and doing this will manipulate the gas into pushing against the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. She's coming home she's coming home SHE'S COMING HOME!

by , 09-25-2011 at 02:48 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    She's coming home she's coming home SHE'S COMING HOME! Eh, slight misunderstanding. She doesn't need to stay overnight. All that preparation for nothing. Ah well. Home home home. She'll have to go back tomorrow to get a plaster removed or something and she has to, I think it, lie down for 50 minutes, stand for 10 and repeat, except for when she's asleep and she has to do this for 5 days or something. We'll see how it all goes. Needless to say, she won't be going to work for that time. She called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Not the eyes. Anything but the eyes.

by , 09-24-2011 at 11:25 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Mum's going in to hospital for an eye operation. I'm not too worried about it. Although the last time she went into hospital was to give birth 23 years ago. I'm not used to her being ill or having problems requiring treatment. She gets the normal complaints of course, back ache, leg pains, swollen ankles, unsightly veins. All to be expected in a woman her age and size. She goes in at 7:30 but Napoleon plans to get her at 6. It's nearly 4 now, am that is. I see no point in sleeping now. Things still ...

Updated 09-25-2011 at 01:26 PM by Bluebiird (Updated)

Categories
    Uncategorized