Blog Comments

That's because we parents are tougher then we are credited for being. Children hone the survival instincts.
    Mum's still working on her ulcer . I don't think she has one yet though.
    Not disgusted by your honesty at all. My little guttersnipes rarely respected me until they got a job and had to listen to someone whine at them who didn't care about their delicate feelings or self esteem. Good time Good Times--I still think I deserved an ulcer for all that. Glad you're back on blog.
    Dude, I feel your pain on the eyelash thing...Not to mention the essay planning too! Ugh!

Well, Neo_Sephiroth out!
    Oh, the Narnia stories are so wonderful, I hope you enjoy them!

I did read about Jan. 22 being the most depressing day this year, but I don't believe it because yesterday was so invigorating for me Don't feel bad about not being depressed, be happy that you weren't
    Well, by year 14 no one actually cares about PE much in this school (unless they're doing a PE course) and the teachers don't seem to care much about us recreational PE students anyway .
    I would have killed to be able to write in PE rather then my unique lack of talents for sports in front of an unforgiving peer group.
    I mood swing with the best of them so as always hang in there and I enjoy reading your posts. I found Wuthering Heights a chore to read--I was reading it at my father-in-law's home on the occasion of our last visit before he passed away several years ago and never found the heart to finish it as it has unhappy campers galore in the book.
    Just when you think we men can exhaust the ability to surprise we manage to do just that. And the women never seem to see it coming. My wife actually has a myspace page that I refuse to be a part of because I find the semblance of fellowship on the forums enough for now for my social needs since my best friend moved to Baltimore MD. As usual hang in there.
    I tend to do this very same thing. But once I've posted it then there's little point in changing it, unless I really feel I need to.
    Glad you're feeling better. I was very afraid my bluntness would make things worst but I tend to post in haste before thinking it thru. (Have not changed my mind about Thomas.)
    Thanks. Believe it or not, I atribute some of my increasing cheerfulness to reading this comment.
    Hang in there. I still think Tom is a user and not a true friend. Glad you're not thinking of doing something silly. When depressed I usually talk to the wife first, then a real friend who will listen and not judge until the mood passes--or )to be honest - the last resort--prayer and Bible reading with a view towards being comforted. Hope this helps. Tell Tom to grow up and (as a man) I doubt MUCH of his story.
    I got used to it. In the 18 years I've existed, I've never noticed much of (What I call) a sense of humor in him.
    Happy Feet was a very cute movie.

I am sorry about your dad. Misery can be so very hard to penetrate.
    oh I did handmaid for As, differant exam boards then
    A "real time" blog.
    Well, Handmaid is A2 But my Wuthering Heights retake is AS and so is my Busines Studies (Because I messed up on my sociology exam, last year )
    Helping with the senior citz christmas party looks great on your UCAS form maybe you can join in next year, was the highlight of my year in sixthform, all the people were sooo nice. well until we lost thier coats , I devloped a fantastic system and the school lost it the day before the do, would you belive it.

The 'handmaid's tale', huh? so your doing the lit A.S, then?? well luck with that
    Sometimes I think they are different languages .
    I could tell you some tales about my primary school dinners .
    The dreaded mashed potatoes
    Mexican hotpot

Sometimes they were good but mostly they weren't. We did have some delicious desserts though.
    Marble sponge
    Syrup sponge
    Semolina with chocolate buttons or jam (But always better with buttons )

And you are correct. We don’t have thanksgiving in England but I’m told the idea of the Christmas turkey came from your Thanksgiving turkey.