View RSS Feed

My Snow Dog

A compilation of the entries featuring my lovely dog Yuki

1. Snow - snow

by , 02-04-2012 at 03:46 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Or should that not be Yuki - yuki? Yuki - snow? Snow - yuki?
    It's snowing. We've been waiting for the snow since Christmas when we held off on getting her spayed in case it snowed. As you know Yuki is a husky, a snow dog. And the chances of her getting to even see snow round here is rare. This is the first time we've had snow since we got her. We're going to take her out now to introduce her to her namesake. Yuki, as you already know, means snow. I've no doubt she's already seen snow before ...

Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:25 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    My Snow Dog
  2. Our Paw Girl (and some other stuff)

by , 01-17-2012 at 12:23 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Yes I know it's a terrible pun. Mum took Yuki out for her night time walkies and came back alarmingly early. Now Sometimes Yui will want to come home early but never this early. I figured something was wrong. She came in limping and nibbling at her paw so I tried to get her to lay down so I could look at it. When I tried to look at her paw she kept moving and licking my hand, I knew she'd bite if she got upset. I had mum hold her head down as I inspected the paw. At first I couldn't see anything ...

Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:26 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    My Snow Dog
  3. How I got my doggy

by , 11-23-2011 at 08:51 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    It's a bit depressing in places but I think enough time has passed that no one will mind if I tell it. (I feel that in cases involving these kinds of circumstances it's polite and respectful to wait until you feel it's the right time.) Be warned, it's been a long time now so I can't remember every detail, just the overall picture.

It's been about 10-11 months. We got her on the 13th of January 2011, not long before mum's birthday. I remember this because I was making paper decorations ...

Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:30 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    My Snow Dog
  4. The Curious Case of the Floral Scented Doggy

by , 11-17-2011 at 09:45 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I took Yuki out for her evening walkies up down and around the neighbouring streets (I'm uncomfortable going to the poorly lit park at night) as usual this evening. The walk was progressing well. She'd stopped to sniff a few things, thought about peeing on the patch of dirt next to a house but changed her mind and pulled me a little looking for cats.

She stopped at one point at a damp patch in front of someone's house. I figured it was dog pee and that she'd sniff it, maybe try to ...

Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:31 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    My Snow Dog
  5. Maybe I over think things too much

by , 11-11-2011 at 12:54 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I'm going down again. Don't worry, I shouldn't get too depressed this time. I know exactly what's causing it. The moment I realised I was feeling down again was when, for some reason, I wanted a hug from the dog. She's been a bit funny lately due to her phantom pregnancy but she's supposed to be over it now yet she still doesn't seem herself. She seems to respect me less. It annoys me. She doesn't play anymore and she's getting a little defiant.
    Anyway, she doesn't want to hug us so much ...

Updated 08-15-2012 at 12:33 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    My Snow Dog
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast