View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Facing Death

by , 02-24-2022 at 03:46 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    We saw the body today.
    We were informed Tuesday night that the Funeral is the very end of February. It's a bit quick but, just a little but okay. That works out. It's sandwiched right in-between the birthday of a little cousin and an uncle 27 feb-1st mar (I still haven't made the cards yet) and March is a really busy time for me. It's my birthday, was my dad's birthday and most of the men on Mum's side have birthdays in March and one or two of the children too. I don't know. It's just that ...

Updated 02-24-2022 at 03:51 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. coping adequately

by , 02-18-2022 at 12:32 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well. He's dead. He died on my dog's birthday interestingly enough. She's 14 now. That's old for a husky. At points it felt like a race between the two of them. My dog has seen her birthday. My father didn't see his. I doubted he would. Late March seemed optimistic since it could also have only been a week when he told me.
    It's very VERY windy here. I keep smelling dust now. The house is old and wind this strong must be blowing plaster and cement dust in through the cracks. My uncle called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Something is Better Than Nothing

by , 01-28-2022 at 12:20 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I've been feeling a bit unsure since my last entry. I've been worried that I wasn't exactly clear about my feelings. It was my attempt to account for several months of feelings that built up and came out at one point. I've thought about adding some more clarification or writing a follow up. Not long after my dad wound up in hospital. This time for high calcium and I wondered if letting unhappy feelings out into the world was a wise idea or not. I looked it up. It can be really REALLY bad if not ...

Updated 01-28-2022 at 12:32 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Maybe Don't Read if You Want to Stay Happy (Part 2 The Christmas Bit)

by , 01-05-2022 at 01:52 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    .....Because I went over the word count as per usual.

We met up before Christmas because he wanted to. We had a meal. Me, my mum, Him and his brother. I wasn't super comfortable about it what with the pandemic and all and it would be inside a building, an eatery of course. I'd have rather sat outside but all three of them are old and have their own health issues and it was cold so I wasn't going to fight anyone on this.

That's the first time I've seen him since my birthday. ...

Updated 01-05-2022 at 07:01 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Maybe Don't Read if You Want to Stay Happy (Part 1 to Catch You Up)

by , 01-05-2022 at 01:40 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So how was your new year?
    I hope it was good.
    I had a nice new year and a surprisingly good Christmas despite everything.
    This was my first Christmas without my dad (don't worry he's not dead yet, he just can't travel far) but that was for the best given that this is also the first Christmas that I'm finally in on "the big secret" that's been kept from me for maybe the last 15-20 years.
    Now. It's been a while since you last saw me. I've wanted to write this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast