Blog Comments

That, anyway!

As you need a profession, why not try writing, Bluebiird? Itīs something you like doing, you do well and you can do at home. What you have still to discover is if you can earn money with it.
    Updated 09-16-2021 at 12:38 PM by Danik 2016
    I meant lose if this site went down or something. There are no backups
    Updated 09-18-2021 at 11:41 PM by Bluebiird
    They are your memories but may be they are more than that Bluebiird. They may be representative of a sort of life. Anyway, that would be for an experienced editor to say.
    I forgot something important and it's so significant I'm putting it here.
    Since the cancer I've been saying I/we love you each time we speak because I know I'd regret it if I didn't. I know the first hospital stay worried him because he said he loves me and no matter what he's still my dad and he got choked up. He never does that. Last and only other time I heard him choke up was at his brother's funeral where he replaced "glory glory hallelujah" with "glory glory Tottenham Hotspur" at the top of his voice. It was a very important thing for them. So yeah. That happened too.
    Thanks that would make sense. There are years of memories here and it would suck to lose them
    Hi, bluebiird
    Donīt know whether you still read the comments. As Litnet activity is dwindling more and more, I hope you have your blog contributions also saved elsewhere. It might also be the time to thinking of publishing them as a book if possible or, if it isn't on a personal blog on Wordpress or similar.
    Regards
    Itīs a very sad story, bluebiird! But you did all you could to help the bird.
    Love reading about your garden. Wondering if you can post a picture of your lavender? I hope your mom recovers soon!
    Truly a great blog post. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed the read. I wonder if you figured out what happened to the lavender plant.
    Well, I never...I can understand your concern about the tomatoes!
    But I'm glad managing your dog has become easier. Hope the special food and the medicine helps.
    Thanks, Bluebird! I like animals and people that like animals.

See first if you yourself need a doctor. Then, is there any possibility of you contacting the vet? What worries me most is that the dog attacks you, when you come near him. The situation seems to be getting worse. He seems to see you as a menace and I think you need some professional help to handle this, even if it is orientation over the phone, through whatsapp or e-mail. You canīt be bitten every time you come near your dog.
    Here are some links that may help, one about biting dogs and one about dog bites:
    http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...w-what-do-i-do
    https://www.healthline.com/health/do...#complications

Hoping for the best

Danik
    Thanks. There's been an update on that. Today she had an hour or so of being good. Then It started. Yesterday I blocked off her den and it worked. Today she was DETERMINED to get in there. I thought she couldn't but she did. I learnt from my previous mistake. I went in with grooming gloves (she likes those) and tried to be gentle and non-threatening. She was trapped by me so she was defensive. I thought the gloves would protect me a little bit and I went slowly. She calmed a tiny bit, whining at me. Then she bit. And caught the side of my left hand through the glove. first layer of skin ripped off and bleeding but it didn't go all the way through. Took ages to stop it leaking blood (I didn't want to put a plaster on with it still bleeding). Washed the wound. Used antiseptic ointment and put a plaster on it. I'm not as shaken as the first two times because it was an accident, but it was the worst wound so far.

In regards to the tooth question. Probably is her teeth, to some extent at least. And no. She doesn't nibble anything else. She hasn't played with her soft toys for ages. We know her teeth are bad but the vet can't do anything because of lockdown. And she's an old dog now so any surgery has higher risks. We have a vet appointment this weekend so we'll bring it up.
    Thank you kindly for your concern/advice I appreciate it
    Sorry that you were attacked, the dog must need very much that nibbling, else he wouldnīt attack you. Hope you are better by now and your dog of course is vaccinated.

Found this, but I donīt think there are any news in it for you:
    https://www.cesarsway.com/help-my-do...ng-on-himself/

One thing that occurred to me: Could it be toothache? You write there are loose teeth. Does he nibble other things, for example his toys or other soft objects?

Regards,

Danik
    Enjoyed this!
    Hi Bluebiird,

I liked your fox stories, specially as I havenīt seen a living fox in my life. I suppose Stumpy feels more secure to use the sofa during the night, when dangerous humans are supposed to be asleep.

Donīt mind the homepage. There are so few people posting this day. Every post from you will be wellcome!
    It's so nice to read this, a gentle narrative. Peaceful breakfast until suddenly, eggs explode and all. Hopefully a good story after the clean up.
    I am glad about the news on Yuki. Bluebiird. And specially that it is not a renal problem or the vet would be more worried. The thing of keeping the region clean is that urin is acid and may cause the dog much discomfort. As for the water bowl maybe you can get a rubber mat sometime or even use old newspapers.

Best wishes for Yuki and you!
    Thanks.
    I'm feeling better since writing. Helps to get it out.
    Yuki seems to have stopped leaking now. Pretty much as soon as we decided to make an appointment. Typical.
    It's common in old females and it can be off and on to start with.
    We've seen the vet and she's not worried. We took a very fresh urine sample even though it was clear last time it didn't hurt to take one now. It makes it easier to answer most questions the vet may have.
    She's not concerned about it now. We have briefly discussed medications but we won't have them yet as it's only the early stages now. But now the vet is aware of potential future problems and we know that medications are available to us (it's not just theoretical stuff I found online, it's a widely available treatment available to the common people so nothing crazy or unreasonable)
    So far letting the dog out to pee more so she has an empty bladder and wiping her after (because urine can cause skin irritation if it sits in the fur close to/on the skin. But huskies are pretty bushy so I don't think it's disturbing her skin now) are the right things to be doing and are what the vet would have recommended if we weren't already doing it. We also have some more puppy pads now though she keeps scratching it up oh well. (I got puppy pads a few years ago when she had an infection and might pee in the kitchen while mum was at work and I was asleep. Hadn't been used since. I've just recently started using them round the mat for her water bowl because she spills half her water every time she drinks and I worry it'll rot the floorboards. Funny that just as I'd found a use for them we suddenly need them for their original use)
    Thankfully things have progressed in 28 years. Such a relief.
    So sorry about Yuki! I hope you will be able to consult the vet soon and discover what is the matter. It doesnīt seem to be a renal problem. Aged humans often leak too.

Maybe there is a dog version of these plastic panties babies use around their wrappers. She wouldnīt like them at first, but if she gets used to them you wonīt have to take her out so often.
    Having trouble with the log in but glad to see oyu still here after all these years. I pop in every now and again. Sorry about your father but glad you're still here writing up a storm as usual.
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast