View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Well, doesn't the title Barmy Blue's Bland Blog give you a clue as to the content?

1. She's Back

by , 04-22-2022 at 07:57 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well She survived the surgery. Now she needs to survive the recovery.
    I was semi-violently gardening yesterday and got scratched up pretty good by thorns. The climbing rose has been out of control for a few years but it was too hard to cut back. But the neighbors have cut back their plants that it was tangled in so now i can have a go at it. I did it yesterday because I wouldn't want to do it after today if it didn't go well. And it needs to be done because it's affecting the house. I felt ...

Updated 04-23-2022 at 09:08 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. One Way or Another

by , 04-21-2022 at 07:54 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So tomorrow's the surgery.
    But before that I never told you how it ended.
    Yes. I did have covid too. I mean it was pretty obvious but it is ever so slightly possible that I might have just had a bad cold while Mum did have covid but highly unlikely. I did a test a couple of days after mum went back to work. I was feeling better but not normal yet and I mostly did a test because I wanted to have it confirmed. A faint but still existent line. So yeah. I did also have covid. about two ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. At Last We Meet

by , 03-27-2022 at 06:21 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    We have covid. It's been about a week.
    I noticed my Mum was a bit stuffy on Thursday. Getting a cold over the weekend. We went to the vet to get Yuki's teeth looked at. It looks like the gum is exploding slowly. It started as a little hole and kept going. We know her teeth are rotten but surgery is a huge risk so really we've been waiting for the point that the vet says that's it this MUST be done and we've mentioned it over the phone as it's progressed but this is the first time she's been ...

Updated 03-27-2022 at 06:31 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Funeral

by , 02-28-2022 at 05:13 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Now then. The funeral is done. It was a lot but not as much as I thought.
    I stayed up finishing face masks that we didn't even use so I'm not sure why I bothered but it made sense to me at the time.
    We decided not to go in the car with THEM and in the end to just make our own way there anyway. It's a bit different to previous funerals I've been to. For example for 2 of the 3 the wake has been at the house of the deceased, the third was a local pub but I don't know if that was actually ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Be Careful What You Wish For

by , 02-27-2022 at 10:00 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well yesterday was an eventful day.
    The day before I realized that we should probably tell my mum's side of the family that my dad died. Even though they've been separated a long time the family still ask about him from time to time so it seemed only right to let them know.
    For speed and so as not to have to call them all and disturb them all individually, I decided to Facebook message the ones I have, which is only three but still, and let it filter through to the others. Two of them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized