View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Well, doesn't the title Barmy Blue's Bland Blog give you a clue as to the content?

1. Predictions for the New Year

by , 12-31-2017 at 06:39 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    I must admit I quite enjoyed doing my advent blog again and I figured it’d be nice to wrap up the year with another.

I usually get depressed around this time. Either still depressed from Christmas, after Christmas or thinking about the past year and the oncoming new one depresses me. But at the moment I’m feeling pretty okay. Sort of not happy and not sad but comfortable.

So. Predictions for the year
    - Some famous figure will die, possibly right after the new ...

Updated 12-31-2017 at 08:55 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. And On Christmas Day

by , 12-25-2017 at 07:56 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    A bell.
    So I figured out why I always get depressed on Christmas Day without fail.

It’s not just because me and my dad don’t get on. It’s not that he’s a bad person though. Don’t go thinking that. It’s just because we don’t interact with each other more than a couple of times a year so he doesn’t know how to deal with me (because I am a sensitive creature).
    It’s not just that though. Tiredness adds more kindling so to speak. So just one tiny spark and that’s it. I’m ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. If I start it on the 24th it Still Counts

by , 12-24-2017 at 08:52 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    A little candle.
    So I’m still not done and it’s just rolled over to Christmas Day.

ARE YOU READY?

IS EVERYTHING READY?

The table’s cleared at least. That’s not normally finished until just before dinner. So that’s a win.
    Really really need to hoover but it’s midnight and the hoover’s very loud. Don’t think the neighbours will be happy with that.
    I’ve finally fixed the candle stick. Well the holder I should say.

There ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 23 on Christmas Eve?

by , 12-24-2017 at 04:03 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Holly.
    Okay. So this is getting ridiculous now. It’s about 10 to 8am and it’s Christmas eve now. YOU HAVE ONE DAY LEFT!

ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ready yet? Because I sure as heck aren’t.
    Only things to do are tidy and finish decorating but if you’d seen my house you’d know that those two things are no small feat.
    Mum’s collecting the turkey tomorrow.
    How awful would it be if the butcher (yes we get a butcher turkey, not a frozen one. ...

Updated 12-24-2017 at 04:05 AM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 22

by , 12-23-2017 at 03:02 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    A bit too late again but never mind.
    A snowman.

I’ve picked up a knitting project that I’m not sure if I can do in time.
    Back when the first new arrivals came into the family, some years ago now, I started knitting a teddy bear onesie for the baby boy. He’s not a baby any more and is far too old for it now, but baby Simon should be just the right age. I just have to sew it together.
    Either about the same time or just a little after I started it mum decided to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized