View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Well, doesn't the title Barmy Blue's Bland Blog give you a clue as to the content?

1. Funeral

by , 02-28-2022 at 05:13 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Now then. The funeral is done. It was a lot but not as much as I thought.
    I stayed up finishing face masks that we didn't even use so I'm not sure why I bothered but it made sense to me at the time.
    We decided not to go in the car with THEM and in the end to just make our own way there anyway. It's a bit different to previous funerals I've been to. For example for 2 of the 3 the wake has been at the house of the deceased, the third was a local pub but I don't know if that was actually ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Be Careful What You Wish For

by , 02-27-2022 at 10:00 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well yesterday was an eventful day.
    The day before I realized that we should probably tell my mum's side of the family that my dad died. Even though they've been separated a long time the family still ask about him from time to time so it seemed only right to let them know.
    For speed and so as not to have to call them all and disturb them all individually, I decided to Facebook message the ones I have, which is only three but still, and let it filter through to the others. Two of them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Facing Death

by , 02-24-2022 at 03:46 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    We saw the body today.
    We were informed Tuesday night that the Funeral is the very end of February. It's a bit quick but, just a little but okay. That works out. It's sandwiched right in-between the birthday of a little cousin and an uncle 27 feb-1st mar (I still haven't made the cards yet) and March is a really busy time for me. It's my birthday, was my dad's birthday and most of the men on Mum's side have birthdays in March and one or two of the children too. I don't know. It's just that ...

Updated 02-24-2022 at 03:51 PM by Bluebiird

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. coping adequately

by , 02-18-2022 at 12:32 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Well. He's dead. He died on my dog's birthday interestingly enough. She's 14 now. That's old for a husky. At points it felt like a race between the two of them. My dog has seen her birthday. My father didn't see his. I doubted he would. Late March seemed optimistic since it could also have only been a week when he told me.
    It's very VERY windy here. I keep smelling dust now. The house is old and wind this strong must be blowing plaster and cement dust in through the cracks. My uncle called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized