View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Tree

by , 09-28-2017 at 06:04 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Iíve just lost a family member. Youíll laugh when I tell you itís a tree. Allow me to elaborate.

Iím 29 years old.
    My parents got married 10 years before I was born.
    They held off getting married until theyíd bought a house, then the wedding was a bit rushed (this is most likely due to the fact that my dad grew up in some abysmal council houses with his brothers and his mother who had a nervous breakdown (or something to that effect) and ended up going practically blind ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thank You Granddadís Genetics

by , 07-26-2017 at 01:00 PM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Alternative title: This Would've Been Just a Comment But Was Too Long

Well. Seems like I might have inherited my Granddadís teeth after all. The dentist gave my teeth a rather sadistic poking and scraping to check for holes. None. Well, none big enough to need filling anyway. If you believe the Sensodyne adverts the teeth have microporous holes that causes sensitivity. So I definitely do have holes, just none of concern. She assured me that teeth are far stronger than you think so ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Dentist

by , 07-26-2017 at 12:03 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Alternative title: It's Been A While

So. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. I havenít been for a long time and my oral hygiene has been far from satisfactory throughout my life. To be honest itís not all that great now but itís a hell of a lot better than it used to be. Both my parents have fillings and have for most of their lives. So far I never have. But you never know, that could change.
    Weíve been with the same family dentist probably since my parents moved in about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Part Three: Something About Biscuits and the Universe

by , 11-14-2016 at 05:37 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    Alternative title: The Fountain of Doom

The little chocolate fountain is something of a tradition. It amused us every year maybe in a similar way to the way the paper amused the baby. Itís something different that you can marvel at, is only for a few seconds.
    In recent years the fountain has been struggling. My uncle had over or under cooked the chocolate and last year it didnít flow very well at all. I tried to get it to work with my chocolate expertise, agitate (stir) the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Part Two: My Brief Stint as a Baby Activity Centre

by , 11-14-2016 at 05:35 AM (Barmy Blue's Bland Blog)
    So you may remember one of my cousins recently had a baby boy. His name is Simon. And the possibility that she will have put up a new picture of him on Facebook is the only reason I still use it. Heís a cute little guy.
    A little before Halloween we had our family gathering at my uncleís house. I have been hoping, not just since the kid has been born, but since she told us that she was pregnant at the family gathering last year, I have been hoping that sheíll bring the baby to the gathering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 43 12345611 ... LastLast