Blog Comments

Some of our politicians are on wheel chairs with hearing aids and frequent visits to ICUs. Still they sit pretty tight refusing to have the youth take over.
    In my country governance is not in the hands of the old and vernerable, but in the clutches of self-serving youth, the 35-45 bracket, Thatcher's generation of gimme-ists whose job appears not to be to govern, but to distract the attention of the electorate from government, while unelected, unaccountable, beaurocratic-tecnocrats from foreign countries impose their will upon us. Oh, and I nearly forgot, our politicians seek to embroil us in as many wars as America can come up with, just in case we can glean a few crumbs from the big man's table.

Perhaps the only wisdom is in the bliss of ignorance... One doesn't need to be old for this.
    A culture needs its wise and old men. But as we eperience it, older does not mean wiser.
    I liked this when I read this originally!
    I know exactly what you mean. I have all kinds of identities; work identity, wifey identify, mommy identity, friend identity- but I find at the core of it no matter what hat I am wearing, I try to stay "true" to the self. I don't like being pushed around or bullied and I like to be kind. These two identity conflicts are always at war and fight hard when I wear specific hats. For example, I am kinder to my son and colleagues than I am to my husband. Mr. Jersea need to be beaten back with a broom sometimes! LOL! Yes, it is a vile personality sometimes.

One other point, I agree that society or culture does play a part in how we present our identity. For further discussion, I'd be glad to answer/discuss any questions you have. I like this topic.
    Updated 05-02-2012 at 05:46 PM by Buh4Bee
    Good luck my friend!
    Friends, it is time to throw off your load of dejection. Cheerfulness should be our trademark.