View RSS Feed

Sci Fi Story

description

1. Belated Introduction

by , 01-13-2007 at 04:27 PM (Sci Fi Story)
    I guess I should really give a brief introduction so people kind of know what I'm about, or at least my brief background

I grew up in Wisconsin, and its still one of my favorite places. I love the four seasons there, and always something to do. I joined the Army to pay for college. I lived in Northern Germany (87-90) while i was in the Army, and really liked it. I must admit that I would rather have lived in Southern Germany. Went to college in Wisconsin. I have a BS in Geology ...
    Categories
  2. Missing 'Source'

by , 01-11-2007 at 10:15 PM (Sci Fi Story)
    What would you do if you were at work and someone said, "Hey, you haven't seen that radioactive source that was supposed to be over here, didja?" I mean really, would you look around, give a helping hand trying to locate the source, call it a day and hit the road?

I may have a low tolerance for inept coworkers, but I opted to skedaddle. Lets think about this. The best way to minimize my exposure to radiation is Time, Distance, and Shielding. I thought I'd increase my ...
    Categories
  3. Hallway

by , 01-09-2007 at 09:02 PM (Sci Fi Story)
    A hallway diminishes
    no end in sight
    and you close one door
    at the end of the night
    Each room is dull and dark
    so very plain
    No difference you see
    for they're all the same
    The lights are out
    no one is home
    No sounds are heard
    and you're all alone
    The hall is warm
    But the rooms are cold
    And with every door
    you grow another day old
    Categories
  4. missing entries

by , 01-09-2007 at 12:08 AM (Sci Fi Story)
    I'm new to this whole blog thing, but I've posted here 3 times and only one of them shows up. So for those of you who were wondering about my missing blog posts...ie Me. I will recap titles and concise description of my missing posts.

entry 0.5
    One small step for mankind, one giant leap for B-Mental
    topic: Introduction (hey I said concise)

entry 1.5
    The hardest working man in the Arctic
    topic: I had half a day off.

Ok, ...
    Categories
  5. cold up here

by , 01-08-2007 at 03:20 AM (Sci Fi Story)
    This week has been extremely cold with temperatures somewhere around -40F with windchills well below that. To give you an idea what thats like...I was drinking coffee outside and the steam was creating ice crystals all around the rim, especially the downwind lip of the mug. The upside is that your coffee is never too hot.

Getting approximately 12 more minutes of sunlight every day. Joy
    Categories
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728